• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Michigan Riders

RSR59

Einzelkaempfer
I'm riding Thursday early morning from Western Central Michigan and heading for Beemerville.
Who is heading that way from Michigan, and maybe we can meet up and ride together?

Hello - There are several of us BMW nuts that are leaving from the Ann Arbor area to the rally - all of our etd 's are up in the air. Let's keep in touch if you like.

I'll be leaving Thurs Morning

from the Novi area and would like to hook up somewhere on the road. let me know.

Regards,

Which route?

I'll be leaving either Wednesday night after work, if the campground will be open and available, or early Thursday morning. I'd be interested in hearing what route other people are taking. I'm considering a back route to Adrian, then down M-52 to Ohio 109 to 65 to Lima. Any other ideas, other than I-75?

refinger said:
Hello - There are several of us BMW nuts that are leaving from the Ann Arbor area to the rally - all of our etd 's are up in the air. Let's keep in touch if you like.

Sure, wouldn't mind at all. I guess I'm kind of on an "Outpost" here.

dancogan said:
I'll be leaving either Wednesday night after work, if the campground will be open and available, or early Thursday morning. I'd be interested in hearing what route other people are taking. I'm considering a back route to Adrian, then down M-52 to Ohio 109 to 65 to Lima. Any other ideas, other than I-75?

Well... I-75 is probably the quickest route, but don't quote me on that.

Mp

refinger said:

Where would be a good "Meeting Point"?

If I were to come south and had the choice of 23 or 75, I would take 23. It is faster, and you avoid the downtown traffic and the annoying single lane of 75 right in detroit.
I used to drive that a fair amount, and would rather come from the north on 23 than go thorugh town. Unless 23 in under construction and there are major delays.

I cant say, since I havent been that way in quite a while.

Coming from Harrisville on Monday morning to Dayton for little campout with some friends and then a couple days hanging around/touring. The rally shall be a blast!!! Ride safe from michigan and I will refrain from Ohio-Jokes..... LOL!!

Charlie C

US 23 is a mess south of Flint.

May I suggest picking up US 27 at Claire and running south to 223: thence SELY to Adrian, where you can pick up 52 south.

There's some reconstuction south of Lansing, but on my daily commute it rarely slows me down.

Michigan Rider for Friday AM

Whiplash said:
I'm riding Thursday early morning from Western Central Michigan and heading for Beemerville.
Who is heading that way from Michigan, and maybe we can meet up and ride together?
I am leaving Sturgis, MI on Friday AM if your plans change.

Whiplash-I will be leaving from Muskegon on Thursday. I haven't mapped out a route or departure time yet though.

Route

I have been thinking about the best route with the least problems.
And taking US 31 down to Muskegon has crossed my mind. Maybe cutting over to Grand Rapids and meeting others, then taking US 131 down to IN.
Basically the back road route throught IN to OH.
This time of the year I 75 and US 23 are real busy and torn up, plus, Detroit is living hell.

Leaving from West Michigan

Whiplash said:
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
I will be headed down Wednesday from Lowell (near Grand Rapids) on Wednesday. The Spouse will be heading down on Friday, looking for someone to ride with as well.
The camp area is supposed to be open if you are a volunteer for the ralley. I plan to work at the Oil Change Booth again.
Rob Stevens
Lowell, MI

Another

I think I found another route that would be good.
US 31 to Muskegon, I 96 to Grand Rapids, US 131 south to I 94. Head on over to I 69 south, turning into I 469 and onto US 30. Follow that to 309 and then get busy at the Rallye.
I figure a good 6 hour ride. Won't even get the bike warmed up. ;)

My 4-corners trip I had planned is cancelled for this year, so I'll be leaving from the Troy area of Mich on Thurs too. Let me know the time/place we'll meet, I'd be happy to group with you guys.

Road to Beemerville

Leaving Owosso MI on Thursday morning 7:00 A.M. M-52 south to Ohio-109 to O-65 looks like the best route to me unless someone knows better or if any major construction or detours. Looks like about a five hour ride with lunch and gas stops. There is a Wisconsin Rider that has asked if he can camp in my backyard on Wednesday night so he might accompany me if he can stand to ride that slow. LOL

lorazepam said:
If I were to come south and had the choice of 23 or 75, I would take 23. It is faster, and you avoid the downtown traffic and the annoying single lane of 75 right in detroit.
I used to drive that a fair amount, and would rather come from the north on 23 than go thorugh town. Unless 23 in under construction and there are major delays.

I cant say, since I havent been that way in quite a while.

I rode down US 23 this morning (June 26) and there is major construction on the road for about ten miles south of Flint. Road is torn up and traffic shifts going to two lanes for seven miles. Sunday morning traffic light but could be much worse during week.

Meeting Point

Lets figure out the best meeting point for those who think the I 65 route is the best. Looking at the map, Coldwater, MI looks promising. Then we could all cruise to Beemerville. :type

Back