• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to BMW's

P

psu_1

New to the site and BMW motorcycles. Have always rode HD, got tired of dealing with them. Always loved the style of BMW so decided to test ride a K1600GTL last Friday. Got off the bike stunned, what a ride. Went home talked the wife, needless to say, I rode out of the dealership the next day on a K1600GTL. Now it was a used 2012 with only 726 miles, yep, the previous owner trucked it down from CT and traded it in on a new Ducati. Good for me. Anyway, I want to ride so bad but Isaac is making his presence felt. So hopefully in the next couple weeks I can get a nice long ride in, maybe an overnight trip some where up north.

Ride Safe

New to the site and BMW motorcycles. Have always rode HD, got tired of dealing with them. Always loved the style of BMW so decided to test ride a K1600GTL last Friday. Got off the bike stunned, what a ride. Went home talked the wife, needless to say, I rode out of the dealership the next day on a K1600GTL. Now it was a used 2012 with only 726 miles, yep, the previous owner trucked it down from CT and traded it in on a new Ducati. Good for me. Anyway, I want to ride so bad but Isaac is making his presence felt. So hopefully in the next couple weeks I can get a nice long ride in, maybe an overnight trip some where up north.

Ride Safe
Welcome to the forum, the K1600 is quite a bike. We have a specific forum where you can share the in's and out's with other owners. Perhaps you can add a picture in the 1600 picture thread. Any questions- just ask. Gary

Congrats on getting a 1600. I too converted from a HD to BMW but chose a RT. Just turned my first 1 K on this bike and loving every minute. Had a a r90 in Germany back in the 70's and have always been impressed by the thought and engineering that goes into the Beemer and german engineered products in general. They make a great bike.
Welcome and many happy sMiles to you and your 1600.

You know, now that you have a K bike, people are going to call you a brickhead behind your back. Maybe even to your face too.

Welcome aboard, fellow brickhead

You're going to love this bike as long as you remember that you're riding a sport bike and not a cruiser. Even though the K1600 is a sport/touring bike it begs to be ridden like a sport bike and will return endless grins if you do. There is life over 3,000 RPM!

I bought my first BMW, a K16GT back in January and now with 5,000 miles on it and some long multi-day rides I think it's just about the perfect bike (at least for me).

Welcome!

Wes

Back