• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Greetings from Atlanta, GA

MOADrew12

Hi everyone,
In April, 2012 I passed the MSF basic rider course at the ripe young age of 30 years old and received my Motorcycle endorsement.

I set out to find my first motorcycle and found a decent 2001 F 650 GS with the requisite number of miles, accessories and scratches.

I have since sold my daily driver car and I am riding rain or shine now, stopping only for date nights with my wife's car.

I'm happy to be here and learn more about what all these doggone handsignals mean that other riders flash at me... except the 1-finger salute - I already knew that from my Automobile days.

See you 'round.
-Drew

Attachments

• Mile0.jpg
    Mile0.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 54
Drew,
Welcome to our world. Looks like you bought a good first bike. Maybe after you have some miles under your belt and feel comfortable your wife might ride with you. Watch out for those four wheelers, 'cause they'll try to get ya.

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to get up to N GA & beyond soon.

Where is the best place to determine the following:
1) Which BMW cases do I have? I can only visually match them to GIVI 21 cases. I'd like to know for certain when I put them up for sale.

2) I'm 6'1" and the stand over height is too low. I thought I had the low seat from the previous owner so I set out to buy a used Dakar seat (presumably higher than stock GS). ...I now have two of the same seats. The f650 FAQ site has loads of info but is horribly confusing and seems to go over & over info on the lower seats for short folks. Any advice?

Thanks again!
-Drew

Back