• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Car Tire as Rear Bike Tire - WHATDOYOUTHINK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darksider Claims

Just one more thing to add: the darksiders I have talked with insist that a car tire on a bike is safer and the ride more stable than with the motorcycle tire. They claim there is always more tread on the ground even in curves. The lower cost is just a happy coincidence. From what I observed, I don't believe these claims.

And if it's all about saving money...

What about some nice recapped tires? They're even cheaper....:dance

If it was all about cheap they would be buying Kendas and be done with it. :violin

No, they are making a statement, so we reply, heh, heh, heh.

I read the results of a study some years ago, stating that the roadside tire treads came from predominately original truck tire treads, not recaps as many suppose. I also know that at the largest tire plant in the world(where I worked), Goodyear recapped earth mover tires. Not many car recaps around these days, as likely the Asian stuff has supplanted them in the price structure? Bike recaps, yuk:sick

I would sooner mount and ride a Tomahawk recapped motorcycle tire than a car tire on any of my bikes.

Seems this has been debated enough for most...even by some that said they were done:banghead
It's gotten off topic anyways
Let's just agree that some of us disagree on this topic...closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back