• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300GT bars

I find the bars not quite where I want them. I have tried the raise and pllbacks from Suburban. Has anyone found a way, or is someone making replacement bars in a different height/shape?

I would like a different angle, maybe a little higher. Can't be sure until I try it out, but the grip angle is the first thing that needs to be changed. And I would like to change grips, but that's not so easy when you have the BMW grip warmers! :dunno

I thought this was a thread about what kinds of bars to go to with a K1300 :hungover

Last edited:
Just checked 1" up and 1 3/8" back. I just got a set and installing them tonight.
About $120 shipped 3 day to Ca.
FYI

Ya - I tried them and they are pretty good (although a lot of money for what you get) but I really need to change the angle of the grips. Any ideas??

I looked at the parts fiche for the K1300GT...and right you are, Gilly.
OK I could see how to engineer it yourself. If you look at this image of the bars Thar makes:
As_machined_4.64155850_large.JPG

If you could get a top triple clamp like the one pictured and remove the top bar clamp, including cutting off cleanly the lower saddle of the bar clamp, then you could either bolt that to:

227.png

Part #2, I guess? The "control arm bridge, bottom"? You would lose the ablity to adjsut the height, at least "the factory way", I think he does have a little height adjustment possible in his design, though.

Or drill a pair of holes through his center section to match the 2 holes that hold the top yoke on (Part #1). You wouldn't be able to adjust the angle up/down though.
This all assumes that the controls on the bike will fit his bars.

Back