• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Original Grip Buddies recommendation

Got mine at the Finger Lakes Rally a couple of weeks ago. I cannot say enough good about them!
I have large hands and they definitely improved the grip, there for I feel like I have better control of the bike. They eliminated a lot of the buzzing in the grips of the old 1100 LT. Used the heated grips yesterday morning leaving Iowa and it seemed like they retained the heat better than stock grips.

I do not have a vested interest in the company or the product but I have to say this was money well spent! Plus the vendor even took an extra five minutes of his time and installed them, bonus!

Got mine at the Finger Lakes Rally a couple of weeks ago. I cannot say enough good about them!
I have large hands and they definitely improved the grip, there for I feel like I have better control of the bike. They eliminated a lot of the buzzing in the grips of the old 1100 LT. Used the heated grips yesterday morning leaving Iowa and it seemed like they retained the heat better than stock grips.

I do not have a vested interest in the company or the product but I have to say this was money well spent! Plus the vendor even took an extra five minutes of his time and installed them, bonus!

And it was a real pleasure to meet you, personally, and do business with you, Jim.

Best,

Dave R.

I bought a 2012 GSA this past May. When researching the purchase, I asked owners what add-ons they'd recommend for a new GSA owner. "Beemer Buddies" was recommended more than any other single product.

I was smart enough to order two sets - one for the GSA, and one for the RTP. After installing the set on the GSA's grips, I knew I had to do the same modification to the RTP.

I'm a paralegal, not a mechanic, but installation is easy and only takes a few minutes.

The RTP's grips were wearing out at 78k miles, and I wasn't looking forward to spending upwards of $250 to replace both heated grips. The Beemer Buddies cover up the thin parts of the stock grips, and now I can put off replacing the grips indefinitely.

Beemer Buddies

I just put a set on my bike before going on a 2K trip. They worked great! They even work well with Throttle Rockers. No slip. Great product.

I got a pair but they kept breaking loose. I then got the solid tubes and they have been great. Heat comes thru a little slower.

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

'07 R12RT
'08 R12GS

A few 250's

Ksrob-

FYI!

Just went back and re-read this old thread and saw your comment. Actually, we are on our 3rd. generation of sticky-backed Velcro now, and the comments have been overwhelmingly positive about it. It is no wonder, because this new Velcro is rated to be stable to 230 degrees F. Seems to put to rest any concerns like the one you had.

Thought I'd FYI you!

Best,

Dave R.

Back