• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k75 throttle hesitation part deux

NCmotomark

Motomark
Update- After replacing air filter,fuel filter,spark plugs and adding techron to gasoline on my !990 K75rt.The machine has some regained power although there is still some black soot build up on exhaust outlet.Upon suggestion by Paul Glaves I decided to get the injectors cleaned.I carefully cleaned the areas around the injectors and removed them, in the process some debris fell into the port that injectors were removed from.(Doh)
So I decided to remove the FI system and replace all rubber pieces and clean out the intakes before the debris causes damage.Now that I have ordered the replacement parts,sent off injectors to Mr.Injector and cleaned out debris.While I wait for parts to arrive I will clean the grime and grit from the hidden areas under the tank.
Please help answer questons---
1.Is it normal for there to be oily residue in the airbox above the throttle bodies? I know the crankcase vents into the airbox but I had enough to coat the entire enclosed area and into the TB,s.
2.Is there a specific size ear clamp tool to use for the hoses and where can I get it or borrow one from a member?
Thanks Mark

K75 power hesitation Part Deux

1. yeah, that's normal. Clean it out while you're waiting for parts.

2. I use this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WMR-W83013/ Works perfect and is the cheapest I found.

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks, Just ordered.It will get here before parts from my dealer arrive.Gave the intake air box a good dose of spray carb cleaner swished around and poured out into clear container.Looked pretty nasty.I guess that is normal for 22 years and 40k.

Is there a easy method of putting back together?Should I attach and tighten bands on the air box and TB's before I attach the TB's to the intake manifold?Or another sequence?

Bolt intake manifolds to head. Put hose clamps on intake manifolds. Temporarily install throttle bodies. Check for proper orientation of screw clamp screws so they do not interfere with throttle linkage. Remove throttle bodies.

Attach plenum to throttle bodies and crimp clamps. Make sure plenum is as close to throttle bodies as possible.

Roll assembly onto intake manifolds and tighten clamps. CHECK THROTTLE OPERATION FOR ANY INTERFERANCE WITH SCREW CLAMPS.

:dance:dance:dance

What was the outcome here? This batch of work is coming up for me soonish.

After I assembled everything and rode the bike 1500mi. this past week.I can say that it cured all of the loss of power.The fuel injector cleaning by Mr Injector was the most important significant thing that I did.According to the bench flow test before cleaning,there was a 24% blockage of fuel flow.I had to do all of the other work to remove the throttle bodies to clean out the intakes because when I removed the injectors some small debris fell into the intakes.Be sure to clean all around the base of the injectors with a shop vac and a pick tool to get all the grit and debris out of the way before pulling out injectors.It was not that difficult,patience and the proper tool for the ear clamps and some new rubber bits were all that I needed.And also this forum and the help from knowledgeable members. :thumb

Back