• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Paul Thorn Band In Chattanooga Sept 21

alabeemer

Rather Be Ridin'
An MOA rally favorite performer for several years Paul Thorn will be performing in Chattanooga on Friday night September 21st at Rhythm & Brews downtown!

(From His Bio On The website) Thorn has been pleasing crowds for years with his muscular brand of roots music - bluesy, rocking and thoroughly Southern, yet also speaking universal truths. The Tupelo, Mississippi native worked in a furniture factory, jumped out of airplanes, and was a professional boxer before sharing his experiences with the world as a singer-songwriter.

If you haven't seen Paul before, he puts on a great show...if you have seen him before....well, you understand why I posted this!

I know of several MOA members / riders from around the area will be attending this event. WouldnÔÇÖt it be cool to pack the house on Friday night with BMW riders? There are many great places to stay overnight in the area if you need accommodations. Tickets and information can be found here http://www.ticketbiscuit.com/rhythm-brews/eventlistpage.aspx I hope to see you there!

New CD is awesome!

I've see Paul three times this year, first time he was opening for Ruthie Foster, the second time he put on a heck of a show at the Winthrop Blues fest and the third time was a week later in Portland. All three great shows, he always take time after to talk with people and the stories he tells and the laughs you will share are worth the price of admission.
http://youtu.be/guEoMpGdhf4
This link is video I shot, iphone in one hand, Nikon in the other, there are a lot of videos up on youtube but noting like being there in person.
Yes, I am an addicted fan... No intervention need yet as I skipped the show in Bend.

My younger brother booked him for the rally in Johnson City 2009. that show was so well accepted we booked him in Redmond and Bloomsburg. Gotten to know these guys pretty well through all this and they are hoot to hang out with too! I can't imagine what could happen if we were to pack the house there...lol...

Because this post has been viewed almost 200 times, I suspect there may be some folks interested in this information....

A special hotel rate of $129 is available at the Hampton Inn downtown and just a short walk from the concert venue and great places to eat. This is all taking place in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that has been reinvented in the last several years...a very nice place to stay.

The room block and rate is valid until Friday 9/14. Interested? Call the hotel directly for reservations and tell them you are booking under the rate code BMWMOA

Hampton Inn & Suites
400 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
423-693-0500

It will no doubt be a great show!:thumb

The place was sold out...it was another great Paul Thorn show indeed! We had a great table right at the stage for our group of 10....thanks for the hook up Lee!

Back