• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help, Camp Chair seen @ Sedalia Rally

Not impressed

I was not there but the Blue Max about the size packed you describing.

http://bluemaxinc.com/

I don't know who at the company decided to do a video of a chair for touring motorcyclists employing an improperly dressed female and a bike that likely has not been more than 200 miles in a day; but I am not buying it. I also did not buy Progressive Insurance for similar reasons. I am just too old and cantankerous.

Was it the Pico chair?...I have a Kermit, like it, but the Pico looks allot easier to set & use / put away. It migh be a bit bulkier to carry though?

In a post above it looks like it was a Helinox Chair.

Chair_one_Side_large1.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

I don't know who at the company decided to do a video of a chair for touring motorcyclists employing an improperly dressed female and a bike that likely has not been more than 200 miles in a day; but I am not buying it. I also did not buy Progressive Insurance for similar reasons. I am just too old and cantankerous.

"Flo's clothes" bother you? She looks like any nurse 20+ yrs ago to me? The girl in the black looks like she's going camping in a prom dress to me:) And that might be her Mom in the video ?:brow

Some really neat chair ideas here, I especially like the Blue Max and the Helinox. But, they all suffer from the same malady-- low seat height. It's that feature that keeps me in my Kermit Chair with the leg extensions. My wife uses a Pico chair, and while it's very comfortable and easy to use, it's heavy and doesn't pack small. OK for our sidecar rig, but not a great choice for a solo ride.

Best,

GTRider

I wave to others with the Alite Monarch

The Alite Monarch is like the Helinox but only has two legs, and is even lower to the ground. Sure, it's hard to get into and you tip over now and then, but it's really comfortable and packs very small so you'll find yourself taking it along when you otherwise mightve left a chair at home.

Hey, how can you resist something that 1) has only TWO points of contact with the ground rather than FOUR, so you 2) TIP OVER now and then, but it is 3) a LOT more FUN than a chair with 4 legs, and you can 4) FEEL SUPERIOR to the unenlightened masses who have four-legged chairs . . .? And there's a bonus that you can relax, doze with your beverage, gazing at the fire, and not worry about someone in a four-legged chair landing on you.

helinox chair

Just an FYI camp saver doesn'T list chair...pulled it off site..don't know if they'll be getting any more !

And one more option :)
51Bg-lMiM2L._AA300_.jpg

Lafuma Micro Chair.
Aluminum legs that don't need to be assembled.
2 Lbs 5 oz.
Folded size is 29"x3.5"
$50

We bought two of these to take to the National.
I would have been temped by the Helinox at $72 if I had known about them.

The LaFuma chair is on sale at REI for $34.

http://www.rei.com/product/830408/lafuma-micro-pop-up-chair,-seigle?preferredSku=8304080002&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-{adtype}-_-product-_-8304080002&mr:trackingCode=636DC49D-5369-E111-88CA-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&{copy:s_kwcid}=&gclid=CN3kkfXVirICFWZfTAodu1gAlg

I tried it at the rally,and had a hard time getting out(bad knees and ankles) so I'll keep my Kermit chair with leg extensions. The Kermit Chair is NOT made in China. It is made by hand in Tennessee,USA!:thumb

Back