• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Advice on moving to Oklahoma City..

crazydrummerdude

advrider.com
Thank God, I got a new job.. and it'll be taking me to Oklahoma City.

I will be working in the Tinker AFB vicinity and I need some tips on where to live.

I plan on renting a house for a while to get a feel of the position before either deciding to buy a house or put in my year before I can transfer. Honestly, I'm just looking to rent a garage with a bathroom (who needs all those other rooms a house offers?). Haha. I would prefer something a little secluded, not smack in the middle of a subdivision. I don't mind a commute of up to 30-45 minutes, but the less, the better.

Any advice on where to look and where to avoid?

Heck, anyone have a rental house with a 2 car garage?

Oklahoma City

Look east in the Choctaw or Harrah area. Stay away from Midwest City and Del City. There is some nice riding on Hwy 102.

Don't forget. . .

. . .that your MAIN job is resurrecting a rusted pile of sheet metal and bolts and stuff into machines that go fast and far.

FYI, a friend built his "dream home" a few years ago, and it was a Butler building (metal, barn-type) with a beautiful deluxe apartment on the second floor at one end. When he walked out onto his inside "back-porch," he could survey his many vehicles and projects from "on high." Now that was a view, brother.

Seriously, good luck with this move, CDD, and glad about the job.

Walking Eagle

My buddy who lives in Tulsa calls OK "the mindless prairie" -- he's lived there for 65 years. :dunno

-CDD-

The advice that you got from LR is sound and would lend to a short commute. There are other desirable areas like Edmond, Mustang, and Norman, but they would all necessitate a longer commute.
Welcome home...

It was the bike that got us together. However, it is the people that keep us together.

Gary

. . .that your MAIN job is resurrecting a rusted pile of sheet metal and bolts and stuff into machines that go fast and far.

:thumb

One of these days, when I'm not bumming off of other peoples computers, I'll have a wealth of pictures and stories for the piles of rust I've been working on lately.

Look east in the Choctaw or Harrah area. Stay away from Midwest City and Del City. There is some nice riding on Hwy 102.

Thank you!

The advice that you got from LR is sound and would lend to a short commute. There are other desirable areas like Edmond, Mustang, and Norman, but they would all necessitate a longer commute.

Thank you!

Better get your "y'all thing" going on!
BTW, Do they still pass on the shoulder in OK? Kinda took me by surprise the 1st time.

That's great news indeed, congratulations! :dance
Good thing you got out of the high dez here; all of our industries have been seriously downsizing.
Watch out fer them thar tornadoes!

That's great news indeed, congratulations! :dance
Good thing you got out of the high dez here; all of our industries have been seriously downsizing.
Watch out fer them thar tornadoes!

Man, oh man.. I tried to get back to the AV, but fate conspired against me. Just one more loop of Angeles Crest is all I ask for. Supposedly the capsule for the Red Bull Stratos was built in a warehouse just down the street from my old apartment in Lancaster. Maybe work travel will bring me back down there.

Can't wait to start the new job.

Tinker

Crazy,
I live in between Choctaw and Midwest city, when I worked at Tinker(13 years) it only took me 15 minutes to get to work but traffic at the gates is another story. Now it takes me a lot longer to go to Wiley Post Airport but hey, just more time on my GS.
Just give me a shout if there's any info u need. Worked in the back shops on E3 & 135.
Now I'm working on Falcon,Challenger and blah....Citation.

Well, I just turned in an application on a rental house in Moore. The area is kinda "meh" but it's not permanent.

I start my job on the 7th.

Hopefully I can find at least a couple curves or hills in Oklahoma.

Well, I just turned in an application on a rental house in Moore. The area is kinda "meh" but it's not permanent.

I start my job on the 7th.

Hopefully I can find at least a couple curves or hills in Oklahoma.

Welcome to Oklahoma!

The curves are east of I-35... there is more to explore then most know...

be sure and check in with the OKC metro thread in Adventure Rider...

Metro Thread Link

Back