• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Parking in NYC

beemergirl

I'm thinking of riding into NYC (lower Manhattan) for a short time to visit the 911 Memorial and Battery Park.

I'm looking for suggestions on where I can safely park the bike while I'm there.

Thanks in advance,

Nancy

Good morning,

There is a garage on 52nd street, between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue, on the right side going East. They have a dedicated Motorcycle area, they don't charge too much, and nobody will touch the bike.

Only downside, they close from 11pm to 6am

Hope it helps!

A friend of mine had to pay $30 for one hr. to park his bike in NYC. Don't know what garage it was tho. I know he was going to see the 911 site.

I park on the street in Tribeca and Battery Park all the time (so do a bunch of other people), just watch the signs to be sure you are parked legally.

Good morning,

There is a garage on 52nd street, between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue, on the right side going East. They have a dedicated Motorcycle area, they don't charge too much, and nobody will touch the bike.

Only downside, they close from 11pm to 6am

Hope it helps!

Exactly the kind of info I was looking for....thanks!

Another option- If you are staying in the area, I recommend staying at a hotel in NJ, (most are only 8 miles west of the city) and take a bus, train, or ferry into the city and then use the subways or taxis to get around while you're there. NJ is safe and the parking is free at the hotels and just about everywhere else.

But like the other poster said, you can find parking downtown, you may have to search but you can sneak a bike in a small space after all. But like he said, pay strict attention to the signs. There can be several in each block that seem to contradict each other at first glance. I missed a sign hanging upside down at the very start of the block that I parked in and there were many cars parked in that block. Guess who was the only vehicle to get a ticket? Mine, probably because I was an out of state-er and they figure you won't come back to fight it.

Try Ferry from NJ Weehawkin, NJ beautiful trip across the Hudson day and night!

Another option- If you are staying in the area, I recommend staying at a hotel in NJ, (most are only 8 miles west of the city) and take a bus, train, or ferry into the city and then use the subways or taxis to get around while you're there. NJ is safe and the parking is free at the hotels and just about everywhere else.

But like the other poster said, you can find parking downtown, you may have to search but you can sneak a bike in a small space after all. But like he said, pay strict attention to the signs. There can be several in each block that seem to contradict each other at first glance. I missed a sign hanging upside down at the very start of the block that I parked in and there were many cars parked in that block. Guess who was the only vehicle to get a ticket? Mine, probably because I was an out of state-er and they figure you won't come back to fight it.

I believe it is Port Imperial or Imperratore? Maybe NY waterways? Easy transportation to lower manhattan from the ferry terminal safe and secure for us on several trips. Enjoy!

You may be right....and,

....that was THE BEST close to an old thread I've read; why did I mess it up.... A.. there she goes again!!

Great info... Didn't know there was street parking. Thanks!

If you know anyone in the eastern PA or Northern NJ area, just park the bike at their place and take a MegaBus (http://us.megabus.com/) into the city. Similar to the Hotel/taxi/bus or ferry suggestions, but cheaper and a potential Anonymous Book experience. You'll be free of worrying about the bike and any luggage.

Back