• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What is a Beemer???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C2x7yBwtWYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/reference/bimmer-beemer.aspx

I hate it when people use the beemer and bimmer incorrectly.

I had a local radio station talking about taking cars for a test ride for a fundraiser referring them as Beemers. When I heard that, I called the DJ up on the phone and proceeded to correct him about beemers not being cars but motorcycles and cars are called bimmers not beemers and he needs to know what he is talking about before airing on the radio.... the DJ was so ignorant he cussed me out and hung up on me. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

I think the snob myth (and it is a myth) centers around cost. BMWs are pricey, and you immediately assume things about someone who can afford one. Just like a guy who drives up in a Ferrari. You have certain opinions about him that might not be correct.

I don't know... You'll pay as much for a Harley EVO bagger as you will for a beemer, so I don't think it is so much about economics as it is about the type of personality riding....

I think the snob myth (and it is a myth) centers around cost. BMWs are pricey, and you immediately assume things about someone who can afford one. Just like a guy who drives up in a Ferrari. You have certain opinions about him that might not be correct.

I don't know... You'll pay as much for a Harley EVO bagger as you will for a beemer, so I don't think it is so much about economics as it is about the type of personality riding....

Got this from an uncle who is a long time Norton/Triumph purist.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=A3b_MRimbk&sns=em"[/URL]

I hope this works b/c this silly ipad I'm using won't let me copy or give me links from Youtube.:banghead

Last edited:
I don't bother with names or what to call this or that.
That is SO droll, dearie.
(said from on high, while looking down my nose in disdain :wave )

Just because my new 1600 GTL comes standard with ABS, Dynamic Traction Control, three riding modes, adaptable headlight, Serius radio, push-button suspension control, heated everything, tire pressure monitoring, adjustable windscreen that automatically returns to your preferred level when you start moving, enough luggage space for a trip to mars, rocket-like acceleration, a smooth as glass engine, and is better than any other motorcycle on the planet ... is no reason to think I'm a snob. The weak horn and the clunky shifting keeps me humble. :laugh

My next step is to install a Stebel air horn. I can live with the clunk.

Back