Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: BMW Warning on water brand being used

  1. #16
    Registered User lkchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    4,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if the new water-cooled GS didn't function as designed because we will be putting American water in its radiator? I know BMW blames our fuel for many driveability problems and other bike functions like fuel strips. I can hear it now when a dealer says, "Sorry Mr. Customer, but the factory (BMW) says your R12XXGS is overheating due to the use of USA water in the radiator. However, I have some BMW brand water available....just $37.28 a quart!" DON'T LAUGH JUST YET.
    Oh, how cute!
    Kent Christensen
    21482
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

  2. #17
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,943

    What will you do in Unknownistan????

    This must be why we never saw stories about around the world treks on K-bikes. No BMW-spec water in places that are lucky to have the potable stuff.....

    As someone else said...........what a great marketing opportunity

    BTW - I was a happy K-bike owner for 13-yrs and changed the coolant with local tap water a few times. At 80K miles, the bike seemed to be OK.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

  3. #18
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    This must be why we never saw stories about around the world treks on K-bikes. No BMW-spec water in places that are lucky to have the potable stuff.....

    As someone else said...........what a great marketing opportunity

    BTW - I was a happy K-bike owner for 13-yrs and changed the coolant with local tap water a few times. At 80K miles, the bike seemed to be OK.
    Ah, you have stumbled upon my second WasserBoxer related start up: Med Wet.

    We will be signing up WasserBoxer owners RTW or continental for our emergency service. For an annual fee we will provide you with emergency BMW spec custom colored replacement water delivered to your GPS coordinates via drone aircraft. Prices and details to follow.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  4. #19
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Ah, you have stumbled upon my second WasserBoxer related start up: Med Wet.

    We will be signing up WasserBoxer owners RTW or continental for our emergency service. For an annual fee we will provide you with emergency BMW spec custom colored replacement water delivered to your GPS coordinates via drone aircraft. Prices and details to follow.
    My hometown water supply used to be a source for "Spring Dannon". With those credentials, I can surely be the supplier for Med Wet.

    The hose, spigot and two bay garage (i.e., bottling facility) are in place.

    Do we have a cool logo for our hats? I prefer something like the Adams Resort Caps
    http://www.adamsheadwear.com/
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

  5. #20
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    My hometown water supply used to be a source for "Spring Dannon". With those credentials, I can surely be the supplier for Med Wet.

    The hose, spigot and two bay garage (i.e., bottling facility) are in place.

    Do we have a cool logo for our hats? I prefer something like the Adams Resort Caps
    http://www.adamsheadwear.com/
    We are looking for regional Med Wet bases to cut down response time required from Fly-Over-Land to serve customers globally.

    Logo design for cool hats and t-shirts has been a hot topic at the BoD meetings held at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop. There are shares available if you are interested in taking an equity stake in our start up. This would guarantee you a vote in the logo design. Heck for a big enough non-controlling stock purchase we would be happy to let you make the decision. Currently we are long on shares and short on coffee money.

    There will be opportunities to manage regional corporate operations. Salary packages will include stock options and extended discounts at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop when you are at the home base for meetings. In addition we are looking into franchise opportunities.

    Consider your options and we will talk.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  6. #21
    John
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Aptos, Calif.
    Posts
    175
    I'm selling synthetic water for $50.00 a quart. Life time warranty. Will not freeze until 32 degrees. Will not boil over until 212. Free shipping......

  7. #22
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
    I'm selling synthetic water for $50.00 a quart. Life time warranty. Will not freeze until 32 degrees. Will not boil over until 212. Free shipping......
    cool competition. Or, coopertition. We could open up talks to add your product to the Wet Jet product line as a synthetic alternative to our yet to be developed custom colorize-able organic drone delivered product line. I'll have my people contact your people as soon as we get people to fill the my people role.
    Ciao
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  8. #23
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    We are looking for regional Med Wet bases to cut down response time required from Fly-Over-Land to serve customers globally.

    Logo design for cool hats and t-shirts has been a hot topic at the BoD meetings held at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop. There are shares available if you are interested in taking an equity stake in our start up. This would guarantee you a vote in the logo design. Heck for a big enough non-controlling stock purchase we would be happy to let you make the decision. Currently we are long on shares and short on coffee money.

    There will be opportunities to manage regional corporate operations. Salary packages will include stock options and extended discounts at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop when you are at the home base for meetings. In addition we are looking into franchise opportunities.

    Consider your options and we will talk.
    9 hrs to Chicago or 15 to Omaha to cover FOL. 4hrs to downtown Manhattan. 3:45 to metro DC. Service to Canada, via Buffalo/Niagara for the Toronto market or Thousand Islands for Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec City.

    I can handle all your needs, if you sole source.

    What color bottles?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

  9. #24
    Registered User WalterK75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    574

    Instant water

    Instant powdered water available! Must be experienced to believe. Remarkable scientific breakthrough! Add to one gallon of water to use. Non-perishable. Guaranteed wet.
    Walter

    All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

  10. #25
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    9 hrs to Chicago or 15 to Omaha to cover FOL. 4hrs to downtown Manhattan. 3:45 to metro DC. Service to Canada, via Buffalo/Niagara for the Toronto market or Thousand Islands for Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec City.

    I can handle all your needs, if you sole source.

    What color bottles?
    Regions will be exclusive, corporate or sole franchisee. Size of the regions will be determined by response time estimates for the Med Wet Drones and WET device.

    I assume the time you give are ride times for you. These will only come in play if there is a failure of the Med Wet WET device.

    Delivery of the custom colored replacement WaserBoxer coolant Wasser will be by a combination of drone aircraft used to bring it to an appropriate landing strip for the drone. In the event there is not a viable drone landing strip the WET device (Wasser Express Transporter) would be deployed by mission control the drop zone there is not viable landing strip.

    The Patent nicht Pending WET device technology was used as a pattern for the recent NASA/JPL Curiosity Mars landing system used to deliver the rover. The major difference is the Med Wet WET device has the capability of returning to the circling drone and which then returns to the Med Wet base to be refueled and stocked with a replenished WET device. The only time you will need to ride or drive to a drop site to recover a failed WET device.

    The combination of drone aircraft and the WET device allow Med Wet regional bases to service both traditional touring road riders and the growing GS off road community. In addition to the regional base model Med Wet is in the final Rand D phase of a Mega Wet Drone. More on that in a moment.

    The WasserFlasche has not been finalized. Required capacity and aerodynamics will determine size and shape. The decision on clear, semi translucent or solid colored has yet to be made. BMW specifications for the Wasser will play a part. The Med Wet marketing department (Our marketing VP is Brylee the head barista at the F-O-L coffee shop and gas station) is looking into the pluses of a clear vessel to emphasize the fact the Wasser will be custom color matched to Met Wet Member specifications. A investment in Med Wet stock in the startup phase would secure you a voice in the WasserFlasche along with the really cool logo for hats and t-shirts.

    Med Wet has begun a developing a second generations of services around the Mega Wet Drone. A MWD would deploy with multiple WET devices in a holding pattern over a region. Using a combination of solar and batteries to power electric motors the MWD would be capable of sustained deployment. This platform would allow a corporate or sole franchisee to offer Med Wet premium services. In addition to the base custom colorized Wasser a drone in a regional holding pattern would be able to support premium services such as cell phone service and 24-7 streaming of the Cartoon Network and Comedy Central. GS/RTW riders are an obvious customer base for this service but the regular touring rider may be interested in apps such as our Med Wet Pure Petrol Locater app and many more in development (By CJ our resident Angry Birds master).

    As you can see there is a flurry of activity at Med Wet. The only things we are lacking are the BMW luxury water specifications to allow us finalize our premium Wasser and establish our market niche between luxury and the other knock off tap water crap that will be sold and some vulture ...err...venture capital.

    You interest in being a Med Wet regional base operator has been noted at the F-O-L headquarters. When we get people they definitely will be talking with you or your people.

    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  11. #26
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Regions will be exclusive, corporate or sole franchisee. Size of the regions will be determined by response time estimates for the Med Wet Drones and WET device.

    I assume the time you give are ride times for you. These will only come in play if there is a failure of the Med Wet WET device.

    Delivery of the custom colored replacement WaserBoxer coolant Wasser will be by a combination of drone aircraft used to bring it to an appropriate landing strip for the drone. In the event there is not a viable drone landing strip the WET device (Wasser Express Transporter) would be deployed by mission control the drop zone there is not viable landing strip.

    The Patent nicht Pending WET device technology was used as a pattern for the recent NASA/JPL Curiosity Mars landing system used to deliver the rover. The major difference is the Med Wet WET device has the capability of returning to the circling drone and which then returns to the Med Wet base to be refueled and stocked with a replenished WET device. The only time you will need to ride or drive to a drop site to recover a failed WET device.

    The combination of drone aircraft and the WET device allow Med Wet regional bases to service both traditional touring road riders and the growing GS off road community. In addition to the regional base model Med Wet is in the final Rand D phase of a Mega Wet Drone. More on that in a moment.

    The WasserFlasche has not been finalized. Required capacity and aerodynamics will determine size and shape. The decision on clear, semi translucent or solid colored has yet to be made. BMW specifications for the Wasser will play a part. The Med Wet marketing department (Our marketing VP is Brylee the head barista at the F-O-L coffee shop and gas station) is looking into the pluses of a clear vessel to emphasize the fact the Wasser will be custom color matched to Met Wet Member specifications. A investment in Med Wet stock in the startup phase would secure you a voice in the WasserFlasche along with the really cool logo for hats and t-shirts.

    Med Wet has begun a developing a second generations of services around the Mega Wet Drone. A MWD would deploy with multiple WET devices in a holding pattern over a region. Using a combination of solar and batteries to power electric motors the MWD would be capable of sustained deployment. This platform would allow a corporate or sole franchisee to offer Med Wet premium services. In addition to the base custom colorized Wasser a drone in a regional holding pattern would be able to support premium services such as cell phone service and 24-7 streaming of the Cartoon Network and Comedy Central. GS/RTW riders are an obvious customer base for this service but the regular touring rider may be interested in apps such as our Med Wet Pure Petrol Locater app and many more in development (By CJ our resident Angry Birds master).

    As you can see there is a flurry of activity at Med Wet. The only things we are lacking are the BMW luxury water specifications to allow us finalize our premium Wasser and establish our market niche between luxury and the other knock off tap water crap that will be sold and some vulture ...err...venture capital.

    You interest in being a Med Wet regional base operator has been noted at the F-O-L headquarters. When we get people they definitely will be talking with you or your people.

    30 miles east of my production facility and along I-80, I can access a certified blimp landing & tethering port (i.e., Goodyear, Fuji, Sanyo,etc....). If MedWet couples the blimp and drone technologies, they could minimize fuel and ground-based infrastructure costs. Preposition the blimps to a range of regional territories and deploy the drones from the blimps.

    Just a thought (copyright, pending ).
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

  12. #27
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    Various forms of lighter than air platforms were tried in early development of the WET device. As a practical operational platform it remains an interesting area to explore. They would provide an excellent platform for our much anticipated Premium services package and allow us to expand into build-board advertising and other services. However, our early experience with it resulted in a HR / Training / Safety problem.

    The Med Wet drones and WET devices are 'piloted' by remote control from the regional base. Our early recovery system was based on the Lunar Excursion Module.

    We shared many of the problems NASA had with the an added HR issue. Our Med Wet pilots were bored gamers that found flying the WET device into and blowing up our early blimps was more fun and rewarding than successfully docking and get ting their stock options.



    While watching a John Wayne marathon over pizza and beer we were reminded of another retrieval system.



    This system seems to appeal to the 'dark' side of our pilots while cutting down on operational expenses and pesky law suits from farmers and home owners who suffered destruction from our various lighter than air retrieval system experiments.

    Thank you for your continued interest.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  13. #28
    R100GS, '89 Guenther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    418
    Sorry guys I have to disappoint you with your business plan. Latest news I got from my tribesmen is the new "liquid" cooled engine requires "BEER". The reason: due to the old German (Beer) Purity Law beer is the cleanest fluid there-is. The beer-cooler (aka radiator) is compressor driven and the exit temperature of the beer-cooler is set to 36F degree. And with a touch of "bavarian" culture a spigot is located in that area for "convenience and enjoyment" to frequently "check" the cooling fluid.

    The only drawback - and coming back to the initial poster - only beer Made in Germany can be used to refill (at ca. $20/gal).

    PROST!

    /Guenther

  14. #29
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    No problem, Med Wet already has applied for an import license and received preliminary approval. We haves been running successful test runs of the Mega Drone as a supply ship between M??nchen and our F-O-L base. The current costs would allow a good savings for Med let customers while returning a good profit for the company. Going to scheduled runs and increasing volume will allow us to supply Med Wet clients and develop another revenue stream while decreasing costs and increasing profit potential.

    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  15. #30
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    Sorry guys I have to disappoint you with your business plan. Latest news I got from my tribesmen is the new "liquid" cooled engine requires "BEER". The reason: due to the old German (Beer) Purity Law beer is the cleanest fluid there-is. The beer-cooler (aka radiator) is compressor driven and the exit temperature of the beer-cooler is set to 36F degree. And with a touch of "bavarian" culture a spigot is located in that area for "convenience and enjoyment" to frequently "check" the cooling fluid.

    The only drawback - and coming back to the initial poster - only beer Made in Germany can be used to refill (at ca. $20/gal).

    PROST!

    /Guenther
    Guenther,

    Find a different source. Per gallon, I'm buying Bitburger at 10.75 per gallon.

    I assume that lagers, hels and pilsners are fine. But what about the weissbier? Surely, it's only the filtered summer, Kristallweizen, that you want to use?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •