• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride through the northeast

bmwgypzee

I'm in the planning stages of a two week ride from Milwaukee to Nova Scotia, and back, via upstate NY, VT, NH, and Maine. I would be appreciative of recomendations from BMW nation for preferred rides, lodging, POI's, etc. while traversing those states. There will be just two of us riding R1200 RT's.

Thanks,

Brian

Just toured that area, a few thoughts for you:
- In NY, SR 443 between Schoharie and Delmar is a must. Excellent curves, elevation changes and scenery.
- In NY to MAss, Hwy 2 between Troy and Williamsport ... same comments as 443 above
- Avoid Hwy 111, 125, and 202 from Lowel Mass to Lewiston Maine.

Check out my helmetcam video of my New England tour.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cnconnolly?feature=guide

I'd suggest route 7 out of Troy NY and hit Rt 9 in Bennington Vt, route 2 in MA is nice but full of tourist driving slow on a two lane road with limited passing. 9 will take you into Keene NH and you could take 101 to the coast (near MAX BMW) and head north from there or you could stay on 9 and head towards Concord NH. I lived in the New England area for 25 years (just moved to WI) and can say from experience that Boston drivers are crazy and I would avoid riding Mass even when I lived there, nicer pace in NH- "Live Free or Die"

Riding the Kanc.

We're on the homeward bound leg of our two week trip to Nova Scotia from WI. The trip has been amazing, and thanks to those who contributed their favorite rides in the northeast.

Hwy 7 alomg the southern coast of Nova Scotia east of Halifax on up to Antigonish was just perfect. No traffic so we could ride our own pace, on curvey well maitained roads. The Cabot Trail on the other hand left something to be desired in terms of road quality, but very scenic none the less.

We road hwy 112 in eastern NH also called the Kancamagus Hwy. Very scenic and curvey, but my advice would be to avoid it on weekends. Too many slow drivers.

All in all a great trip, and great weather!

Back