• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride North Loop and Coast anybody?

Polarbear

Polarbear
I have off this week, remainder, after Tuesday midmorning(thats tomorrow). Home by Sunday midday, ClovisCA. I may ride the North byways to Oregon and back, maybe Crater Lake too, just wandering, no agenda but riding, camping. No notice, just go a few days on the GSA1200 or KLR650. Been across country just recent on the GSA, so I'll maybe ride whatever I team up with, if ya got a KLR. Both mine are tour ready. Not much notice, but these are the best rides quite often:). Look here before I go...Randy:thumb

Just go and take your laptop or other internet accessible device. Then you can post from the road to meet up with locals.
dc

?

I am not of the Laptop on bike gen as yet! Love to get one though, just money? My GoPro needs a device to download to and I have been looking. Only worry is, laptops and the like take time to monkey with and even my gadgets already with me have cut into my riding a tad. I would rather ride hard all day, take some video/pictures in a timely fashion and work the data in the evenings. Where da ya find the time on a road trip? Randy

Evenings. Just evenings. I think once I stopped near lunch time at a Starbucks to get wifi since the motel didn't have any the night before.
Otherwise, it's the evenings.
I like to ride about 300 miles per day, get in about 5, eat and sleep, and get up early.
300 is not much, but that way I can stop and look around. And get a feel for where I am.
I have been enough places where I wake in the morning and try to figure out where I am. I find I don't get that if I just stop and look around, and get a feel or idea as to my location on this planet.
Also, don't limit yourself to laptop. There are notebooks, and also IPad. Which is nice and small. But limited function. I think some of these new notebooks are tiny and lose no function from your old large desktop box computer.
I'm at least 5 years behind technologically.
dc

My days touring;

Generally I ride 500m a day and quite more often nowadays, less is better. Just did a 175m day in Utah that was equallly pleasant, sightseeing more than I ever have with newfound folks I met on the road, less riding. Stopped a lot that day taking pictures, chatting it up and just a slow day. Alone, I find myself pushing the miles to the end of days. I should indeed change my ways some to start logging my trips better and computers/videos and pics, before I grow old and lose'em. I've let soooo much slip away, only to learn to smell the roses more as I grow into a Senior biker. Thanks for the tips, Randy

Back