• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding to the West side

Can't tell in the pics, of course, but it was about 110F today...
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Late in the day and we wheel into our deee-luxe digs in Torrey, Utah. Had to park on the sidewalk as it was the only concrete area and our stands would sink into the soft asphalt...
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

We waddle across the street to the only restaurant within 100 miles. Crap pizza, cold beers and a dining room with a great view...
IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Lots of smoke in the air from the wild fires, so visibility was limited. Stung our eyes a good bit, too...
IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

To Hell with that - I'm gonna throw little kids at them as appetizers. I don't have to be the fastest to get away - just not the slowest...

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Cops have the road closed due to fires. We could see the fire planes diving into the area...
IMG_0240.jpg

At this point, we turn south and head to Arizona. It was our plan to get to Page, Arizona in time to tour Antelope Canyon. Of course, we got there too late and pretty much missed it.
I took exactly one picture in Page - my bike sitting outside the hotel room window. Thrilling, eh?
IMG_0289.jpg

Then we had to get up early the next day and hump our way north to Colorado. Pretty much wasted a trip to Page.

We want to hit Monument Valley next and then get the Hell outta the desert and into the mountains for some cooler air...
IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

The Valley....
IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

Roadside stand that the Navajo sell jewelry from - it was closed today...
IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Back