• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Battery replacement recommendations

damons

Stock battery died on my 2009 F650GS. Looking for suggestions for a battery that will either :
1) last as long but is cheaper (dealer wants $163.00)
or
2) one that is about the same price but lasts much longer than the stock
or
3) the best of both worlds, cheaper and lasts longer

Deka is my choice

I recommend the Deka unless you want to go with one of the
more-expensive-than-OEM exotic chemistry batteries.

It is made here in the USA comes ready to go,
and has nice solid poured-lead posts.

I bought mine from:
http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/motorcycle.html

Their website is a bit homespun (it's a small family-run business), but their service is excellent, and shipping is at no extra cost (they ship in the flat-rate USPS boxes).

I recommend the Deka unless you want to go with one of the
more-expensive-than-OEM exotic chemistry batteries.

It is made here in the USA comes ready to go,
and has nice solid poured-lead posts.

I bought mine from:
http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/motorcycle.html

Their website is a bit homespun (it's a small family-run business), but their service is excellent, and shipping is at no extra cost (they ship in the flat-rate USPS boxes).

their site shows no battery listed for the F series bikes, other than the earlier F650 singles.

Damon- did you do a search on this? "what battery should i get?" is a pretty common question, with pretty typical responses (Odyssey, Panasonic, Exide, etc)

their site shows no battery listed for the F series bikes, other than the earlier F650 singles.

Damon- did you do a search on this? "what battery should i get?" is a pretty common question, with pretty typical responses (Odyssey, Panasonic, Exide, etc)

did a search but didn't find the info I wanted. Decided to go with a Big Crank ETX14 from BatteryMart.com. AGM type / made in the USA..

http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cr...l?Category_Code=bmw-f650gs-motorcycle-battery

get the Shorai will save weight , charging & will last a lot longer very happy with mine.

thanks. but when I go to the link it dead ends. when I do a search all the AGM appear to be made in china and/or are more expensive. Am I missing the one you are referring to?

well, whatever it was that i found there a few hours ago appears to be impossible to find agan. oh well.

Back