• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seat

DrSteve

Wife just got a 2009 G650GS and hates the stock seat. Anyone have an aftermarket seat they don't need? What other model BMW's seats fit the GS?

Thanks folks.

Keep an eye out for an aftermarket seat in the flea market areas of whichever bike boards you visit. I've found good deals on second hand Corbins for my CS and my son's G650GS as well as on a Sargent for Dave's RT.

BMW offers a low seat, a high seat, and a solo seat with attached toolbox for this bike.

You might try a sheepskin cover. I originally bought it for my R bike, but now use it on the F, and it helps quite a bit.

Acejones -- what did you end up with?

Eventually sold the bike (not because of the seat), but now I have another 650 (can't seem to stay away) and I'm right back where I started. I have a sheepskin and it does help some. It's not adequate though for much more than 175 miles. After that point I'm wiggling around.
I also have a bead seat that I like. Its probably the most useful inexpensive option I've tried.

Follow up:

I'm buying a Seat Concepts seat from a guy who sold his 650. I think it will be better than the stock seat.
I have a trip planned in October and after that I'll have a better opinion.

If it's an '10 or later G650,Sargent doesn't make a seat for it but will re-do your seat for $374.

I'm joining in from the oilhead side of the fence- just picked up and 800GS and to quote my daughter ....OMG....I thought the stock seat on the RT was bad but it's wonderful compared to the slanted 2x6 the bavarians have afixed to the 800. Any feedfback on Cee Bailey seats or other aftermarket seats that seem to work straight from the Mfgr without having a custom mold made of your backside?
Thanks for your input

Follow up:
I did a little 200 mile ride last week on the Seat Concepts seat. It is an improvement over the stock seat.
The longer (2000 mile) trip I planned isn't going to be on the 650. I decided to ride my R1150R instead.

Back