• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2013 Rally Including current updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all. Not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, Deb can you direct me to where I should post it? About 60 miles south of the rally site is an old sawmill that runs on steam power. Apparently, its the last of it's kind. The company is Hull-Oakes Sawmill. I contacted the tourist people in Salem and they said they offer tours on tuesdays and thursdays. I was wondering if there would be enough people interested in visiting them on the Thursday before the rally? Here is a youtube video of their operation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwzTtxLjvs
Thanks and see you in Salem!
Brad Doyle
Fairview Heights, IL

The Forum is the perfect place to put together a Pre-Rally Thursday ride to see the Sawmill and find some outstanding food along the way. We can also put a blurb in the Owners News about the tours.

RV Sites?

While I'm sure this issue has been addressed I haven't seen anything yet regarding RV "camping" on the grounds. Will full hook-ups be available and at what additional charge?

Inquiring minds need to know.;)

While I'm sure this issue has been addressed I haven't seen anything yet regarding RV "camping" on the grounds. Will full hook-ups be available and at what additional charge?

Inquiring minds need to know.;)

March 1 is opening day for Rally pre-registration and RV registration. Unlimited RV camping space with electric service is available, as are also a small number of full service RV sites.

RV spaces pricing should be listed then....

Hope this helps.....

March 1 is opening day for Rally pre-registration and RV registration. Unlimited RV camping space with electric service is available, as are also a small number of full service RV sites.

RV spaces pricing should be listed then....

Hope this helps.....

Very limited number of full-service hook-ups at $125 for the week. All other RV hook-ups are $100 for the week.

Is there any chance that the Board can influence Amtrak to have a Rally Train going from, say Chicago to Portland? That might help a LOT of people with limited time to attend the Rally from the East side to the West...there and/or back?
Thanks

Great Idea, same timing though. Train goes same speed, more stops. Would be a great time having MOA gatherings in dinning car though, just hard to get tents up in sleeping cars.:brad
Actually would consider that, it would be fun.

Empire Builder departing 7/14 (Official Rally Train) still has coach seats but sleeping rooms are sold out. Depart on Tuesday 7/16 or later and arrive during the rally rather than two days prior. Only rooms available on 7/16 as of this writing are $588 Superliner Roomettes. Only rooms available on 7/17 are $1,607 Superliner Bedrooms. Rally Train(s) would be a blast with so many members aboard, but if time is of the essence, flying may be your ticket. Good luck in your planning as I've had a blast at the last two rallies and expect to do the same this year :)

Where's the "LINK"

Very limited number of full-service hook-ups at $125 for the week. All other RV hook-ups are $100 for the week.

March 1st and I am ready to go. Looking for the link and can not find it. Am I mistaken or just missing it?

A previous post states March 1, however I just re-read the Rally info page on the MOA home page and it states April 1. My bad.
Reminds me of the time I showed up for the first day of school, 6th grade I think, a day early...LOL:laugh

Last edited:
RVs at the Rally

Hi All
Registration is open for the Rally via phone on March 1st and online April 1st. There are only a limited number of full service RV sites available. There are an unlimited number of electric only spots, as we are using the parking area of the fairgrounds.
I suggest you register via phone if you need a full hookup site. The full hookup sites are remote from the main vendor area of the fairgrounds and there will NOT be any tram service to this area. There will be tram service from the electric only sites.
HTH
Gaylord "Huey" Ward
2013 RV Chair

Hi All
Registration is open for the Rally via phone on March 1st and online April 1st. There are only a limited number of full service RV sites available. There are an unlimited number of electric only spots, as we are using the parking area of the fairgrounds.
I suggest you register via phone if you need a full hookup site. The full hookup sites are remote from the main vendor area of the fairgrounds and there will NOT be any tram service to this area. There will be tram service from the electric only sites.
HTH
Gaylord "Huey" Ward
2013 RV Chair

Hi Huey,
Thanks for the input. Just finished the process and we are all set. I was informed that the RV Full Hook-up sites are all taken at this time.
See you all in July.

Wow, it only took 6 days to change from a Rally info thread in to a whinefest. :banghead

Maybe it's time I bump my "Great Things about Rallys" thread.

I agree, bump it back up... I had such a good time at the Sedalia rally, (my first) that I am looking forward to this event as the must do activity for the year..... Any organized activity will have some glitches.......That's what makes them memorable.... My best recollections of being a boy scout leader with the kids were from the hikes and camp-outs that ended up in the single digits, or rained buckets....

I'm afraid that some folks have just been too pampered all their life, so if they don't get their way all the time, it's time to bash and burn.....

To all the folks providing their valuable free time to bring off this event, I can't say thanks enough.....:):wave:love:groovy

Ride safe....!

July 15th Train

I am on the July 15th train to Salem from Chicago.
I am on the July 21st train from Salem back to Chicago.

I'll keep eyes peeled for BMW apparel and such.

Rally Entertainment

The Entertainment article by Lee is in the May issue of ON with lots of information about the bands.
Here is initial information about the the evening entertainment Line-up:

Beer Garden Stage - Wednesday Evening
Lindy Gravelle (often plays the BMW RO Rally and appeared at 2010 Rally in Redmond)
Johanna Winkel (performed in Sedalia, records in Nashville and is Vince's daughter - he is proud of her!)

Ampitheater on Thursday - Saturday night

Thurs ? David Jacobs Strain Band (performed at 2010 Rally in Redmond)
Canned Heat (band member is MOA member and had article about music and riding in recent ON)

Friday Night is sponsored by the BMW MOA Foundation with:
JJ Grey and MoFro
Jonny Lang

Saturday night after the Awards Ceremony
Tommy Castro & the Painkillers
Paul Thorn (who has been with us at several MOA Rallies - starting in 2009)

Vince is going to put an entertainment link on the Rally portion of the Website so you can check out the bands before the rally.

We owe a big round of applause for Lee for his 5th year of getting superb Rally Entertainers.:clap

Deb Lower
2013 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Question: I registered by phone a couple of weeks ago.

Will I be getting a confirmation email that I am registered for this event?

Thanks!

Question: I registered by phone a couple of weeks ago.

Will I be getting a confirmation email that I am registered for this event?

Thanks!

I spoke with Tammy at the MOA office this morning. They are still trying hard to deal with a backlog of rally registrations due to the computer issues that they've been experiencing. She told me that they expect to be catching up soon, and the emails will go out to those that gave them email addresses and snail mail for the others. Just a bit more patience and she appreciates everyone's understanding.

Rick Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back