Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally Including current updates

Rally Entertainment

Have I missed an announcement re entertainment for the Rally?
    Live Well, Do Good Work, Ride Safe.

1978 R100S MOA #104733 ABC #7413
    1993 K1100LT KOG #997 CRBMWOA

2013 BMW MOA Rally Chair bmwDeb's Avatar

Thumbs up Rally Entertainment

The Entertainment article by Lee is in the May issue of ON with lots of information about the bands.
    Here is initial information about the the evening entertainment Line-up:

Beer Garden Stage - Wednesday Evening
    Lindy Gravelle (often plays the BMW RO Rally and appeared at 2010 Rally in Redmond)
    Johanna Winkel (performed in Sedalia, records in Nashville and is Vince's daughter - he is proud of her!)

Ampitheater on Thursday - Saturday night

Thurs ? David Jacobs Strain Band (performed at 2010 Rally in Redmond)
    Canned Heat (band member is MOA member and had article about music and riding in recent ON)

Friday Night is sponsored by the BMW MOA Foundation with:
    JJ Grey and MoFro
    Jonny Lang

Saturday night after the Awards Ceremony
    Tommy Castro & the Painkillers
    Paul Thorn (who has been with us at several MOA Rallies - starting in 2009)

Vince is going to put an entertainment link on the Rally portion of the Website so you can check out the bands before the rally.

We owe a big round of applause for Lee for his 5th year of getting superb Rally Entertainers.

Deb Lower
    2013 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Left Coast Rider
    Question: I registered by phone a couple of weeks ago.

Will I be getting a confirmation email that I am registered for this event?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Question: I registered by phone a couple of weeks ago.

Will I be getting a confirmation email that I am registered for this event?

Thanks!
    I spoke with Tammy at the MOA office this morning. They are still trying hard to deal with a backlog of rally registrations due to the computer issues that they've been experiencing. She told me that they expect to be catching up soon, and the emails will go out to those that gave them email addresses and snail mail for the others. Just a bit more patience and she appreciates everyone's understanding.

Rick Nelson
    Rick Nelson - 2014 BMW MOA International Rally Vendor Committee Co-Chair
    '12 G650 GS Sertao
    Operating on one cylinder by choice

Thanks bmwDeb, that is a knockout lineup.
    Live Well, Do Good Work, Ride Safe.

1978 R100S MOA #104733 ABC #7413
    1993 K1100LT KOG #997 CRBMWOA

WANDRR

Dogs at Rally site

My wife and I and our dog will be on the bike about 7 weeks when we arrive at the rally. We will be camping and I wanted to know about a/c areas for pets. Will they be allowed in ANY buildings with a/c to cool off if it is hot? I had a friend not stay on site in OR at the last rally because of lack of cooling areas.
    Greg and Melanie
    2006 K12LT
    BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, IBA, MTF
    WANDRRMotorcycleTours.com

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Greg -- Barley and I were at the RA Rally in Chippewa Falls where the temp and humuggity were quite close to miserable. We found no shortage of ways to keep cool. We also went to Sedalia where daytime temps hit 108F. Chuck Manley quickly identified Barley as a trained attack dog and assigned us to security duty in air conditioned buildings. So there are always ways.

My experience has been that well-behaved dogs leashed to attentive owners who are considerate of others are not a problem. Barley, a registered service dog, growled a warning to another service dog at Sedalia who was showing a bit too much interest in his nether regions. The other human and I both recognized the situation and took our dogs in different directions. Problem defused before it got off the ground. And that's how it should be - we, the owners, are responsible and if there is an incident we need to be ready to leave.

Look us up at Salem...unless your dog is a humper.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by wandrr View Post
    My wife and I and our dog will be on the bike about 7 weeks when we arrive at the rally. We will be camping and I wanted to know about a/c areas for pets. Will they be allowed in ANY buildings with a/c to cool off if it is hot? I had a friend not stay on site in OR at the last rally because of lack of cooling areas.
    That was eastern Oregon , in western oregon temps should be about 70--85 which is not HOT.See you in Salem.

Left Coast Rider
    I would like to volunteer at the registration booth. Who do I gotta talk to?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    I would like to volunteer at the registration booth. Who do I gotta talk to?
    You could post in this thread:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....rs-we-need-you

But you might want to read through this and contact the committee chair directly:

http://bmwmoa.org/TheRally/ArtMID/31...ee-Chairs.aspx
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    You could post in this thread:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....rs-we-need-you

But you might want to read through this and contact the committee chair directly:

http://bmwmoa.org/TheRally/ArtMID/31...ee-Chairs.aspx
    Thanks for that. Email has been sent.

State of Oregon Scenic Motorcycle Routes Map

Got my Rally registration stuff in the mail. We also signed up for a wine tour - Salem. I'm surprised not that many people have signed up for one of the wine tours. If your going to be there for the whole thing, as we are, a little time away sounds like just the ticket. Can someone explain why the tours have not, at least so far, been popular?
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    Got my Rally registration stuff in the mail. We also signed up for a wine tour - Salem. I'm surprised not that many people have signed up for one of the wine tours. If your going to be there for the whole thing, as we are, a little time away sounds like just the ticket. Can someone explain why the tours have not, at least so far, been popular?
    Folks probably have a variety of reasons. For me, I've always wanted to explore the PNW and intend to get a few rides in after the 5400 circuitous miles we'll ride to get there.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

It is strange....but I'll predict;

they will get good attendance! Especially if your on site from Monday or Tuesday; the 1st wine tour is Wednesday morning'ish departure.
    You can be having a great event before on-site registration even opens! It could be the draw of the coastline nearby for a fish & chip lunch ride;
    but as mentioned... a variety of reasons. The hours of these tours are very attractive this rally; but on Thursday through Saturday,
    I take in the rally schedule along with area dinner rides. So now I gotta choose between Club training, rider education or wine & lunch tour,
    ....uh, where's that coach leave from!

"travel'n" John