Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally Including current updates

Quote Originally Posted by amiles View Post
    I suppose that the good o'l MOA dodged a bullet when the voters of Oregon did not pass an initiative decriminalizing recreational use of Marijuana. I wonder what the passage of this measure would have meant to the rally?
    It means we could hold the rally in the same place every year because nobody would remember ever having been there before.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    Buncha old guys sitting around getting baked?

Food vendors running out of food at all hours of the day or night?

Tent fires?

You seem to be well informed
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by amiles View Post
    I suppose that the good o'l MOA dodged a bullet when the voters of Oregon did not pass an initiative decriminalizing recreational use of Marijuana. I wonder what the passage of this measure would have meant to the rally?
    No different than a bunch of guys/gals sitting around getting drunk.
    Too damn many bikes to list

Just blowin' the dust off the thread....
    ...don't mind me.
    If you can't go fast with 100hp, you can't go fast with 200hp.

Looks like there'll be lots of shade:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Looks like there'll be lots of shade:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    Well, if you use google maps for the address: 2330 17th Street Northeast, Salem, OR you can decide for yourself.
    Ride Well

I don't see many grassy areas for tent camping. Looks like most areas are paved. I'm I missing something?

Yes I think you may be missing something. On the north end of the site ( I'm not looking at google map) there are several LARGE areas with mature trees. There are probably not as many acres of shady areas as Sedalia but far more than our average site. There is room for several hunderd tents in a flat area. It's a wonderful site for tenting and the climate should also be good for camping. Come on out and see for yourself.
    Live this day.

Yes I did see that. I'm not a tent camper I was just wondering about about the other attendees. I'll take your word that it's a good site. I'm a vendor/member so I have to look at this from a business stand point. I wasn't impressed when they had it in Oregon a few years ago. I'm hopping I can find another venue (maybe the moto gp in Ca.) to offset the 6000 mile round trip fuel cost for the event. I would hate to miss a national and this would be the first I would miss since being a member in 2004. However if the numbers don't work then we just can not attend.

What's your business if you don't mind me asking?
    Live this day.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    What's your business if you don't mind me asking?
    Click on his username and all will be revealed!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I had already done that and looked at the "profile" but didn't notice "go to homepage." Thanks Kurt!

So Nick, I stopped by and saw Jodie the other day and she is thrilled with her new responsibilities. I live about 2 miles from the shop.

I sure hope you find a way to attend Salem, it's setting up to be an exceptional rally. There is some hush hush stuff in the works that should make for an outstanding event with excellent attendance. Stay tuned!

Stan Herman
    BMW MOA Director
    Pueblo West, Co.
    Live this day.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    I had already done that and looked at the "profile" but didn't notice "go to homepage." Thanks Kurt!

So Nick, I stopped by and saw Jodie the other day and she is thrilled with her new responsibilities. I live about 2 miles from the shop.

I sure hope you find a way to attend Salem, it's setting up to be an exceptional rally. There is some hush hush stuff in the works that should make for an outstanding event with excellent attendance. Stay tuned!

Stan Herman
    BMW MOA Director
    Pueblo West, Co.
    Jodie will do a fine job I think the world of her! We'll just have to see if makes sense for me to go. If I can do the Moto GP then it may be worth it, if not I don't see it making much business sense since it looks like I would be spending $2K in fuel costs alone. The last time they had it in Oregon we were lucky the GWRRA had their Wing Ding in Iowa two weeks before. No such luck this time.

Quote Originally Posted by i-scream-stop View Post
    My wife says that is a great idea, only WINE-fest. When is it going to be in a great wine area? Future Ideas?
    I live 30 minutes from Napa and I can assure you that the wines of Oregon and Washington are pretty wonderful.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMEASE View Post
    I'm from Oregon I've been a member for about 3 years and have really wanted to attend an International Rally... but they've always been too far and/or I've been unable to get the time off work. This coming summer rally dates are perfect and I can get those days off. But geeez... I would love a nice ride to get there... but only 50 miles down I-5 to get to Salem... that just takes the wind out of my sails. Perhaps I'll wait for another year and what I'd consider a funner destination from my point of view. For me the road trip to get there is half the fun! Without a decent ride to get there is the rally really worthwoth it? Should I wait for another year? Just rambling here . LOL!
    In 1994, I lived in Boston and rode to the rally in Connecticut by going through Colorado.

After the rally, I was home in time to get a good nap in, wash the bikes and stow all our gear.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.