Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally Including current updates

Hybrid View

2013 BMW MOA Rally Chair bmwDeb's Avatar

2013 Rally Including current updates

Wow - it is really exciting to read the forum posts expressing enthusiasm or "wish I could make it" for a ride/trip to next year's MOA Rally in Salem, Oregon. The rally site is about 200 acres of flat ground with groves of trees and beautiful garden areas. Air conditioned buildings are available for commercial vendors, seminars, the MOA country store and other booths you find in the MOA building.

Salem is located in the Willamette (Will Am It) Valley which is a gorgeous area with numerous activities to enjoy when you aren't on the rally grounds.

Here is some basic information:

Dates are July 18 - 21, 2013

Salem location is the Oregon State Fair & Exposition Center

Rally Team is Deb Lower, Rally Chair, Co-Chairs Jackie Mulhern and Rick Nelson

Our contact email is rallychair2013@bmwmoa.org

Local planning information is available at www.travelsalem.com

We are looking forward to working with committee chairs, volunteers, MOA office staff, vendors, rally attendees and the good people in Salem to have a 2013 Rally that is a fun time.

Deb Lower
    2013 Rally Chair

MODERATORS: Please use this post to create a new thread and a sticky.
    Thank you,

Deb
    Last edited by bmwDeb; 08-02-2012 at 05:10 PM.

I'll ask THE most important question...................

What kind of beer at the Beer garden?
    1985 R80RT/ 2002 R1150GSA
    IBA # 44032

Cool Good Oregon Beers

Quote Originally Posted by squiffynimrod View Post
    I'll ask THE most important question...................

What kind of beer at the Beer garden?
    We can sure hope for some Black Butte Porter. Deschutes Brewery puts out some great beer. The bier meisters have plenty of good ones to choose from.
    -Sirby
    WSBMWR
    Sirby
    WSBMWR
    Seattle, WA

Any chance there will be Dorm Rooms available?
    "To be a Virginian either by birth, marriage,adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God."

2013 BMW MOA Rally Chair bmwDeb's Avatar
    So interested in beer choices in the Pacific Northwest where there are wonderful breweries. Rest assured the Beer Team under Mad Dog's leadership will come up with selections that will quench the thirst and lead to another.

I've placed a request for information on the availability of dorm rooms in the area. When we have details on their availablity it will be posted on the forum and put up on the website under lodging choices. This doesn't mean we will get any dorm rooms, but we are pursuing their availability.

Deb Lower
    2013 Rally Chair

Fiordmann

Angry

So members who use the forum are a subset of overall membership and their opinion really does not matter according to Bud. Your narrow thinking is just what reflects the fact that the board is going to do whatever they want regardless of what members think. Keep up not listening and see what happens when the membership keeps declining.

Get elected to the Board and influence change instead of just complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordmann View Post
    So members who use the forum are a subset of overall membership and their opinion really does not matter according to Bud. Your narrow thinking is just what reflects the fact that the board is going to do whatever they want regardless of what members think. Keep up not listening and see what happens when the membership keeps declining.
    As I understand it, there will be 2 board vacancies for the next election.

Which one are you running for?

Wow, it only took 6 days to change from a Rally info thread in to a whinefest.

There's plenty of other threads for whining about the heat, the timing, the location, the Board or any other subject. Take it there! I'm interested in what's going to happen at the Rally!

I'm planning on being there. I'm planning on 1 volunteer shift a day. I'm planning on having a good time.

I don't care if it's hot, cold, dry, wet, too far away, too close to Redmond, too well attended, not as many attendees as ??, whatever. At least we have a Rally to plan for and attend. What would it be like if the Rally was discontinued?

Maybe it's time I bump my "Great Things about Rallys" thread.
    1985 R80RT/ 2002 R1150GSA
    IBA # 44032

Fiordmann
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    As I understand it, there will be 2 board vacancies for the next election.

Which one are you running for?
    The same one your are running for.

Rally Rat

Observation

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordmann View Post
    If you think that your opinion doesn't matter or isn't even heard, then you just might be mistaken.

Do you think that your opinion just might possibly be in the minority?

My experience has been that ALL opinions are taken seriously and that decisions are made with the majority opinions directing the organization.

Don't agree? Then run for the BoD and see what I'm talking about.
    Boxerbruce

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1074 View Post
    if you think that your opinion doesn't matter or isn't even heard, then you just might be mistaken.

My experience has been that all opinions are taken seriously and that decisions are made with the majority opinions directing the organization.

Don't agree? Then run for the bod and see what i'm talking about.
    +1

Bluenoser
    Quote Originally Posted by 1074 View Post
    If you think that your opinion doesn't matter or isn't even heard, then you just might be mistaken.

My experience has been that ALL opinions are taken seriously and that decisions are made with the majority opinions directing the organization.

Don't agree? Then run for the BoD and see what I'm talking about.
    Here is a quote that I penned on another site:

"My 2 cents. Far too much was read into the original comments by the author of this thread. Thicker skin is required by all. I just took the observation of the author as a general comment, nothing more or less. That is the interest of ride reports in that we see the trip through their eyes, you or I may describe something differently but that is the way they saw it. Nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, that is healthy, but if one wants to carry on taking exception to something that was said, do it in another thread."

Although this was in reference to some folks jumping on some comments in a ride report, the general theme is valid here.

Organizers always do the best that they can. It's not always perfect in the eyes of the beholder, but such is life. If you don't like it, get involved. If you are going to complain offer a solution.

I plan on being there ( have lodging reservations already ) and will enjoy whatever is there.
    1971 R50/5 SWB with R75/6 drivetrain
    2013 DL650

I thought that the membership was down from its high a few years ago.

What are the membership numbers for the last 10 years ?

looking forward to the 2013 Rally

I'm looking forward to the 2013 Rally! Already scheduled a couple weeks off from work (riding from Wisconsin). I had such a great time in Sedalia!
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."