• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Booster plug

Booster Plug

The Booster Plug solved my throttle jumpiness, now it is so smooth. Also got rid of the F650 Surging issues on my Single spark FI

Not to sound dumb, but what is a booster plug? When you state that it smoothed out the throttle, do you mean at hwy speeds or off road? I find on my F700, when riding in gravel in first or second gear, that the throttle tends to surge with very little pressure. Not sure how to smooth out the bike taking off in spurts.....

A "booster plug" is a spoofer, it goes in the circuit for the intake air temp sensor and sends the FI ECU a false reading, making it believe that it is colder than it actually is. This causes the Fi to richen the mixture, thus eliminating the lean associated symptoms.

Made a noticeable difference in my '10 F800gs. Rather than the "booster" I am using this http://www.wukaking.com/home.html same thing at 1/2 the price.

There is an option that will add fuel more effectively than IAT modification, I'm sorry that I haven't had time to write about it here but this thread is a good starting point. Just recently, several have been installed on f800s. Here is the mid-point of the thread: AF-XIED for BMW on F800. The start of the thread gives some background and starting at post 49 you can see some results.

Full disclosure: it's a product I helped get to market earlier this year. It's been installed on over a hundred bikes including: R1100, R1150, R1200, F800, K1200s from mid-90s Motronic through late 2000s BMSK.
RB

I installed a Booster Plug on my wife's 650 twin and it really cleaned up the off idle issues and made low end throttle response smoother. I also have one on my 1200GS and got the same results. My favorite part of the BP is it's just a plug and play unit, no adjustments or other equipment needed.

BTW, I'm not associated with BP in any way, just a satisfied customer.

You can effectively add fuel by lambda shifting one of two ways: a Wideband O2 like the Innovate lc-1 or with a narrowband add-on like the AF-XIED.

Lambda shifting is so effective that a couple of the top IAT-shifter makers (who also happen to ride F800s) have added an lc-1 or AF-XIED to their own bikes. Here is a link to one who installed an lc-1: http://guzzitech.dk/category/bmwf800s/.

Last edited:
Back