• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Allegheny National Forest, PA

lostbearings

still running...somewhere
Has anyone rided around Allegheny National Forest? I assume the road are mostly paved. Is there much traffic in late August? Anything in paticular we should see?

thanks in advance

Lostbearings

I have ridden quite a bit in the Allegheny National Forest and enjoyed every bit of it.

I stuck to paved roads and meandered around a bit just to see where some roads went.

I have gone at various times of the riding season and only had traffic around the larger cities and some of the more popular tourist areas...nothing to be concerned about.

Enjoy! :wave

Traffic should not be a problem any time of year.

I've not ridden them but I'm pretty sure there is a good many gravel/dirt roads in the area. Didn't the GS guys camp somewhere up here on the way to Bloomsburg last year?

Make sure you stop to see the Kinzua Bridge. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/kinzuabridge/index.htm

We have stayed at the Lantz Corner Motel. Cheap, clean enough and a nice bar restaurant next door.

You can ride to Warren Pa. and visit the Case knive/Zippo lighter factory. Neat stop that will take about an hour to visit.

jason

Has anyone rided around Allegheny National Forest? I assume the road are mostly paved. Is there much traffic in late August? Anything in paticular we should see?

thanks in advance

Lostbearings

The GS Giants stormed the area in 2011, starting their GS Gypsy Tour at the Forest Lodge.

There is a lot of good paved riding and even more unpaved. Ask Frank at the Forest Lodge... he knows all the good riding in the area.

Here's a link to a GPS route you can download...

Here is a very useful paper map... you can order these using the info on the PDF

If you PM me, I might be able to e-mail you some GPS routes.

Ian

Thanks everyone!

thanks guys, I will check out the bridge maybe stay at the hotel. Glad to hear there is not much triffic. I'm riding my GS and would love to ride the gravel roads but my buddies are to street bikes (1200 Bandit, R1200S, K1300S) and are alergic to dust:dunno

Back