Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally thread-the early info

Quote Originally Posted by widebmw View Post
    So it goes 1, 3, 2, 4.

What has previously happened is that before the zone rotation is done they change the zone lines and start over again.
    Sometimes true, because the zone lines were difficult to adhere to, the zones (6 at one time) were too small, and suitable facilities are hard to find within a reasonable budget.

There seems to be a notion that attendance of 10,000 is financially good and 5,000 is financially bad. Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what the facility costs and how the rally is budgeted. Miss your break-even attendance where ever it is budgeted and it is bad. Pay too much for a facility and it is bad.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by widebmw View Post
    So it goes 1, 3, 2, 4.
    Sort of like a 4-cylinder engine...the pistons fire in a certain order in order to maintain balance! Ooooooooooom...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

2013 Rally Date

What is the date of next years rally. Anyone have a suggestion on a good (cheap) hotel /motel.?
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

Salem Oregon State Fairgrounds July 18-20, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by rjzinc View Post
    Salem Oregon State Fairgrounds July 18-20, 2013.
    Hmmm, so who's up for a PCH ride starting in LA about a week before that? I might do that... Could also start in SF going north and then spend more time in Oregon seeing some sights I missed last time.

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    Hmmm, so who's up for a PCH ride starting in LA about a week before that? I might do that... Could also start in SF going north and then spend more time in Oregon seeing some sights I missed last time.
    PittsDriver, as this gets closer please contact me: beemerdons@aol.com or 480-440-4666

My Son Seth starts 10th grade on 7/23/13, so we will leave Salem, OR on Saturday 7/20.
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Salem/Alaska:)

I continue North after Salem to Alaska, or vice versa coming home through Salem, probably the first choice. Alaska, my last state on a bike to see. I want to ride the whole loop, no ferry inside passage for my first trip, far North. Salem promises to be a really nice break from the 100s temps. of previous years. Very green area of Oregon too, so instead of sunshades for heat relief, bring same for showers. July may see no wet, but ITS very green there on the Western Slopes of the Cascades vs. RedmondOR., high desert country. NOT too far part, these two cities in Oregon, BUT worlds different in appearance...Please come, Randy

2013 Rally thread-the early info

Hi all, normally an Official Rally Thread wouldn't appear until the spring but due to the many similar postings, the Mod Team has decided to put all the threads together until we bring out the usual Official 2013 Rally Thread.
    This thread will have the various postings of location of the event, dates and general info.
    Hopefully this will help all involved plan for another great rally. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Type M for Moderator
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by 105258 View Post
    What is the date of next years rally. Anyone have a suggestion on a good (cheap) hotel /motel.?
    The only suggestion I have is that if you are going to stay in a hotel you better book early as they are already starting to fill up. I booked mine almost 2 weeks ago now and the hotel I am at is already full.

If I go, I'll probably fly in and hang out....why not. Don't have the time to ride there, I'm just a workin stiff.
    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

Quote Originally Posted by tvtommy View Post
    If I go, I'll probably fly in and hang out....why not. Don't have the time to ride there, I'm just a workin stiff.
    Not "if".....you're going !!

bringing friends

A friend of mine went to the 2010 rally in Redmond. He rides a Honda ST1300 and had little to do with BMW. He was very impressed with the rally.

I just informed him the rally is in Salem next year and he already has a ride organized from a week before the rally from Seattle down through Northern CA and then back up to Salem. The ride is posted on our local sport touring group and there are already about a 1/2 dozen riders signed up! These are non-BMW riders. I think this says a lot.

Fiordmann

Thumbs down 2013 Rally

Gee another MOA rally in Oregon it has been so long since there has been one there. Seems someone with some clout likes Oregon. Surprised Redmond was not picked again. Nice location just seems convenient that Oregon was picked again. Too bad most of the riders who belong to MOA cannot attend due to distant location.

And if, for some reason it pours in Salem next year we'll hear how the PNW is too wet.
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

John
    I'm new, so i'll bite, is MOA membership heavilly weighted to the east coast to make a hardship for most of the membership?

Salem seems like a great location? I am from the Central Coast of California and I vacation (RV/Camp) often in Oregon. We have friends in the Bend/Redmond area and love it there. Salem (the State Capital) is a totally different climate. In the summer I have seen overcast and rain and it has been hot. Head to the coast or the mountains to find the weather you most enjoy!!! A great central Oregon location to access some beautiful rides.