• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 Rally thread-the early info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally Train?

I had a great time on the Rally Train in '01.

I would do it again in '13.

The way the survey was done, we don't know what the majority wants.
For all we know the majority wants May or Sept.

No more than we know that they wanted June.

Of the four choices, the majority of those that responded chose a non-June date.

I'm not sure of the validity of the survey.

I'm pretty sure, w/o a wholesale change in the BOD and Officers, the rally will continue to be held in July for the many reasons already enumerated in this and many other threads about this issue that have been posted over a several year time frame.

If it was moved to June or August or any other month, I'm sure there would be folks here that would complain about those dates as well, for whatever reason. Would the difference between those who wanted June and those who wanted July be a wash and not affect overall attendance? :dunno

I do know that moving it to June won't insure that attendance will increase. Maybe the 15 posters who have argued for June would show up and 30 other people wouldn't be able to go in June. I think it would insure that different people would be there.

No matter when you hold the Rally, there will be people who will not attend because of the dates. You can not please 100% of those who may want to attend. Would there be less complaints if it was June or August? Dunno. Doubt that we will find out.

Having said all that, the beauty of this forum is that everyone gets to give their opinion. Knowing, full well (or they should know) that giving your opinion doesn't mean that others will act on it.

The RA held their Rally in Colorado this year in June. Excellent venue, Copper Mountain. Fantastic riding. Pleasant warm days for riding, cool nights for sleeping, the smell of pine trees in the air. I think they had between 900 and 1000 attend. Seems like if June was the magic time and Colorado the perfect location, they would have had 5,000 or more (a "small" crowd for the MOA). So it seems to take more than a June date and an attractive location.

Their Rally next year will be east coast. The Biltmore Estate at Ashville, NC. June date (should draw a great crowd based on the date), fantastic riding anywhere in the area, should have another 5,000 attend, don't ya think?

Since I'm a Lifetime Member, perhaps I will be a member long enough to see a change, perhaps not.

Time will tell.

In the mean time "Stick a fork in me, I'm done." and you can have the last word with your reply :wave :hug

My wife seems to think that my tone is argumentative.

Sorry if it came across that way and I apologize if I have offended anyone in this thread.

Just getting old and curmudgeonly, I guess. :banghead

And the last two weeks of July assure that I will be with her in the North Channel of Lake Huron on our sailboat, instead of at the Rally.

But who knows, we might sell the boat some year and you all will see me at the Rally. :dunno

Too darn hot to ride the bike, cool enough to spend too much time riding the keyboard.

Hotels Availbility

I agree with Scott, booked my hotel yesterday and got one of the last two rooms. Book sson if you want it close to the fair grounds

cancelled room in salem

It was a king at La Quinta inn , 890 Hawthorne ave SE phone 1-503-391-7000

........Rally Info Note........
With the recent posting of rally info that is right from the source- bmwDeb, Rally chair- the Mod Team would like everybody to direct their questions and concerns to this newly started thread. If you haven't seen Deb's post You can click here to be taken to the thread or check it out at the top of the Rally Forum.
We're going to close this thread in an effort to have everybody going in the same direction. Have a great rally.
The Mod Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back