• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mesh gear

Motoport Air Mesh!!!!

Motoport air mesh jacket & pants....liners avail that will take you down to 40's comfortably...

In VERY hot temps (like Nat'l Rallies ) wicking long sleeve shirt, wicking long pants...I wear Under Armor "leggings"....LD shorts.

Motoport air mesh jacket & pants....liners avail that will take you down to 40's comfortably...

In VERY hot temps (like Nat'l Rallies ) wicking long sleeve shirt, wicking long pants...I wear Under Armor "leggings"....LD shorts.

Even lower than the 40s with electrics underneath. Have ridden in the high 20s with that combination.

Mesh works well from about 80-95 degrees.

I ride up the canyon in the morning in an Olympia mesh jacket, in 60 degree temps, with a long sleeve wick dry tee shirt underneath, and a short sleeve under that. When it warms to 75, off comes the long sleeve and I ride with the mesh jacket and short sleeve wick dry. No problems.

Don't seem to have dehydration problem...but I take 2 liters of water for a 2 hour ride.

I ride up the canyon in the morning in an Olympia mesh jacket, in 60 degree temps, with a long sleeve wick dry tee shirt underneath, and a short sleeve under that. When it warms to 75, off comes the long sleeve and I ride with the mesh jacket and short sleeve wick dry. No problems.

Don't seem to have dehydration problem...but I take 2 liters of water for a 2 hour ride.

So I'm not the only nutter that rides with a long sleeve (turtle neck) under my mesh gear? :thumb In my case, it stays on until 80 degrees. Like you I also consume a lot of water.

Airhead Long Sleeve

I find the long sleeve from Airheads.org is very good under my mesh jacket. I also will wear a wicking long sleeve shirt, too.

I had a small Melanoma spot removed so I will wear the Airhead long sleeve a lot of the time when I am in the sun. I find the long sleeve help my body regulate my body temperature. I get asked often about the long sleeves, I tell them ever see Arabs, they cover up.

So with mesh, long sleeves on long rides for sure.

Back