• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW mechanic in central Florida

arturony

My 83 R100 has a sticky something in the right hand carburetor and I'd be a lot more confident in the repair if a knowledgeable person did it. Right now it's leaking - I've checked the float bowl which is not stuck so the next step is needle valve.

If anyone knows a good BMW wrench near Stuart FL - zip 34997 - please let me know. Thanks
Arthur - 914 772 8378 -

Arthur -

If no member is close to you to help, have a look at the List of Airhead Friendly shops that is in the Resources and Links thread. Maybe you can find someone near enough to you to perform the work.

Fl Mechanic

Stan's in Gainesvill. He'a an old guy, mostly retired, an air head racer and mechanic, he runs a small Moto-Guzi/ BMW shop. I delt with him twice on two trips to Fl. First time I bought a tire, the second time I bought a bike. A great guy.:thumb

LEAKING Carb

I have had this problem and the solution was remove the float neddle and clean the seat with a Q tip and Brasso, Check the neddle and see if it has a ruff spot, if so replace it. The Flote is not the problem. Flotes once set are not likley to change unless of course it get soked in gas and don't flote. If you don't have in line filters you might want to install them. Trash in the neddle seat is a common problem with Bings.
Jack Ethridge
Ocala Fl

Based on my last dealing with Tom High/Rennsport I would avoid him at all costs. In the spirit of not wanting to engage in personal attacks we'll leave it there, but feel free to PM me for details.

Based on my dealings with Tom High / Rennsport, I could not be happier. He is talented and conscientious in servicing my three BMWs and in mentoring me with my own mechanical endeavors.

Oh, yea, you can PM me for details also. :)

I thought this thread was a quest for a wrench?

Tom is Tom take him or leave him, its as simple as that. Regardless of who or what business you deal with, get the terms in writing, complete your obligation to pay on time and make sure the work is complete, satisfactory and what you have asked for. Most shops are not in business to store repaired motorcycles or extend credit regardless of your relationship with the owner.

I would look up Kevin Reimer and at the very least get the contact info of somebody close to home. Recently at a Florida rally a friend of mine traveled there on his recently acquired R 90S, the bike made it but it had a charging system malfunction which could have left him high & dry. Florida Air-Heads Ed Miller, Roger Bush and a couple others offered to lend a hand with the new to airheads guy. Diagnosed and repaired at the rally my friend rode home.

If your looking for a shop to do your work just make sure you get it in writing and stay in touch with the guy turning the wrenches, don't ask for a payment plan and keep in mind its not a storage facility. If you want knowledge and a helping hand for some "do it yourself" stuff then the Air Heads club is well worth the price of a membership.

/ mod hat on /

I think the point has been made, both sides, regarding Tom High. He's not here to defend himself, so I would like to see this come to a halt. Let people read what's been said and make their own decisions. That after all is how it works.

In the end, there are good guys and bad guys and we all will assess them in different ways and approach a job and view the results in different light.

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /

Back