• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Comfortable riding pants?

flyrider

Morning Person
My riding pants (BMW City Pants 2) aren't that bad, but the knee protectors are big and rather hard. I find myself wishing for something softer and wondering if protection has to mean "uncomfortable".

Any really protective, and comfortable, pants out there for 3 season riding?

My riding pants (BMW City Pants 2) aren't that bad, but the knee protectors are big and rather hard. I find myself wishing for something softer and wondering if protection has to mean "uncomfortable".

Any really protective, and comfortable, pants out there for 3 season riding?

I really like my Summer2 pants. They carry the same armor as the R3 pants, but they're lighter and more comfortable. I'm not a fan of the Summer3 pants at all.

I've got two long rides on my Rev'it Airwave pants and while they're probably not the best option out there for protection they're very comfortable. At a stop on a 250 mile ride yesterday in 90F weather, I did a mile hike up to some falls and then did some rock scrambling in them. They left just enough air through to be very comfortable in hot weather and have hip and knee protection and 600D in the right spots. I wear them over an EMS tech wick base layer. The best part about them - $200.

What about replacement armor for City Pants? If not for the knee armor, these pants would be excellent? Maybe a source for more flexible armor is my solution?

I use BMW Trailguard pants - I wish that they had a few more vents; however, they became quite comfortable after the knee pads conformed to my battle-weary knees.

I like my Summer 2 pants but agree with the how massive the armor is which can uncomfortable. I do feel safe. If it is really hot I wear Revit mesh pants which are very comfortable. When it is fall or early spring I really like my Firstgear TPG pants. I wear those on our long trips as well. I just don't wear them on day trips as I am not a big fan of black pants as black pants are hot.

I have Motoport kevlar stretch overpants. Custom made and fit like a glove. They are cool without the waterproof liner and the liner works and is good for life...

Work good for me.

I don't know what happened, but a couple of rides ago my City Pants just "broke in", for want of a better description. They're great now.

Who knew?

Back