• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Who did not attend because of the heat?

Who did not attend because of the heat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Two Cents

i am happy to see this thread as I have strong feelings about when and where this rally is held.
I thoroughly enjoy the rally but do not enjoy riding in high temperatures to get there and enduring the heat while attending.
I have wondered why such a great event is held at a hot/warm location in the middle of the summer. I think the administrators of the rally should make better decisions as to the time and place. It is easier to endure some cooler riding weather than hot/warm riding weather. Threrefore; if it is so important to have the rally in the summer, pick a more northerely location (or with more elevation). If the rally can be held in early fall, (spring is generally the rainey time of the year) it would be fine to pick a more southerly and lower location.
Also, in my instance, travel on a lot of interstate highways and high traffic areas are things I avoid.
Think about this: The big Sturgis, SD rally is held in mid summer at a more northerly and higher elevation site without maximum congested interestates to get there.
That's all I've got to say about it. Thanks for the opportunity.

Right. School is out from Mid MAY through AUG. This means rally is during summer vacation yes?

In many places, school does not end in mid May. Here in the mountains, it depends on how much school was missed due to bad weather. It may not end until mid June if it was a severe winter and it starts in mid August.

I once lived in a place with year round school with 3 week vacations throughout the year................................

Robert,
BOD members don't monitor the forum. It is not an effective way to provide them with your concerns and ideas.

I'm disappointed to hear that.
I would think the forum would be a good tool for the BODs to get a feel for what MOA members want.

They used to jump in all the time, now it's rare.

Might that be called an insular existence? Or is it just an aversion to M/C blogs, esp, BMW M/C blogs? While not a BOD guy it is note worthy that P.Glaves not only comes here but makes it a part of the membership experience/benefit for all with his mechanical experience & participation. Hard to imagine that the BOD doesn't want a "finger on the web pulse" of members on the forum, pixxing contest aside.:dunno:blah

I disagree with SIBUD and the rest of you.

:brad

You have 9 posts, if my count is correct, in this thread from active BoD members, a couple of posts from committee members and several from previous BoD members. No BoD ever posted as much as Kbasa but you guys forget he had a dual roll for a very long time as a BoD member and as a forum admin/moderator. Gail was often heard when she was on the BoD in part because she was an active user before she became a BoD member. At the end of the day take a look at the forum stats page. It is a rare day that you won't see a BoD member having logged into the site. I can't look behind the curtain and see where they have been on the site but they do show up and apparently pursue their interest just like the rest of us.

The other thing to keep in mind is BoD members can get beat up twice for what they say here as our peers. They often are grilled and flame broiled when they participate here. Then they head to a BoD meeting or weekly conference call and can get the same treatment by fellow BoD members who don't agree with what was said.

I agree it was always fun and often informative to be in a thread with Kbasa. On the other hand can the same be said of us?

I disagree with SIBUD and the rest of you.

:brad

You have 9 posts, if my count is correct, in this thread from active BoD members,

Besides Sue, I don't know the screen names of the BOD members. Could you please list the screen names and real names of the current BOD members?

Besides Sue, I don't know the screen names of the BOD members. Could you please list the screen names and real names of the current BOD members?
Lee, look at post # 233.

The real names of all the BoD members are listed in the front of each BMW Owners News, in the September issue on page 6. If a BoD member wishes to NOT post or NOT list his/her real name, then like any other member, they don't have to and I won't "out" them here. If I recall correctly, 6 of the 9 BoD members do post here and do list their real names when posting.

tb

I didn't mean they need to reply. I was just surprised they do not monitor the site.
Yes, I am monitoring the site.

They used to jump in all the time, now it's rare.
I have never been a frequent poster here, but I am an avid lurker. :wave

Don't assume that if a BoD member doesn't reply, that they are not reading a thread. See Sue's posts above. She has covered it all. There is no further reason for me to weigh in when the questions have been answered B/4.

tb

Lee, look at post # 233.

The real names of all the BoD members are listed in the front of each BMW Owners News, in the September issue on page 6. If a BoD member wishes to NOT post or NOT list his/her real name, then like any other member, they don't have to and I won't "out" them here. If I recall correctly, 6 of the 9 BoD members do post here and do list their real names when posting.

tb

Thanks for the reply.
I knew the real names were listed in the magazine and the MOA home page, but screen names would help. I see you list your position in your signature and I had missed that in the past. If the other BOD members list there full name in the signature I'll try to watch for that and learn who who in the zoo.
See you at the Iowa Rally next year.

Just passing through on the way to Fly-Over-Land Friday night events. Don't have the information at the tip of my fingers. It is one piece of information I never worried about or thought to accumulate. I will reply with a PM when I have the time to do so.

Back