• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1150GS spark plugs

Yes the AP3922 is the right "center" plug. (This is one step hotter than the AP3923, which is good in the 1100s.)

You can also use the NGK BKR7EKC-N (NGK part # 2095) in there.
If you want the iridium plug (longer lasting), the number is BKR7-EIX (NGK # 2667).

For the lower/outer plugs, NGK DCPR6E (part # 3481); or DCPR6-EIX (NGK # 8196) for the iridium.

All three of my oilheads have run noticeably better with the Autolites or NGKs than with the Bosch. When I do my routine throttle-body balance, I'll stick the Bosch plugs in there, since they'll show imbalances more readily; then when I've got it as close as possible, I'll put my NGKs back in.
And - not to start another debate, I just ain't listenin' - yes I do put a tiny bit of anti-seize on the threads: the threads are stainless steel, the heads are alloy, and I won't risk galling.

Back