• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

travel opinions here pls

the Wizard of Oz
CAN or NC opinions here, pls

Just for fun...

My son's at sleep-away camp near Int'l falls MN, and I'm considering riding up from Chgo thru MI, Macinac, and across the Trans Can Hiway to meet him near Int'l Falls for the family fish fry before he takes the bus home next day.

OR...

heading to NC for the Boone Rallye and riding the twisties in the area and getting home the same day he does.

IK I love the area around the BRP, Dragon, Snake etc, but whaddayathink about the norther circle around Lake Superior? I've only been as far a s Taquamenon falls on the way to the Escanaba Nat'l some years ago. ( I know it's Canada... but whaddayagonna do:nyah)

Last edited:
I would say it's a good time of year for the northern ride. And it would be something different.
dc

Why?

Why do parents continue to embarrass their children by intruding into their activities? Surely you did not like it when it happened to you.

Just for fun...

My son's at sleep-away camp near Int'l falls MN, and I'm considering riding up from Chgo thru MI, Macinac, and across the Trans Can Hiway to meet him near Int'l Falls for the family fish fry....

Is this a planned event at the camp for parents to come for the last day and eat with the campers? If so, I know where I would be going...

Why do parents continue to embarrass their children by intruding into their activities? Surely you did not like it when it happened to you.

I think you make an important point, especially with parents today. One of the ideas of camp is to allow the kids to get out and experience life, as young adults, on their own.
But it all depends on the relationship.
Is this a kid that has been treated like a baby all his life, and whined and cried about going to camp. Or a self sufficient young man who can shake his father's hand and say 'oh, dad, it's great you came to visit and have lunch. Let's eat.'
dc

funny guys

well, some of the above posts are crackin' me up. In a good way. Yes, i'm stayin' out of his hair. We have no choice. But the Friday nite fish fry is a parents invited event, and he'll have been away from home a month. He's 13 almost14.

Actually, I was more interested in the idea of whether riding up north might be as much fun. My guess is that it's scenery vs. riding in the twisties, and that the scenery won't match ...oh say Lolo Pass, Beartooth, etc.

We are allowed to send one-way emails that get printed, and snail mail, so i thought I'd actually ask if he wants me to join him...and then do as i darned well please.:laugh

But you guys are obviously great dads!

Last edited:
Back