• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rally Gadgets

GS-911 (those guys from Hexcode are great, and what a great diagnostic tool for the bike)
Illum bar risers (with extended brake line included, not installed yet.)
BMW t-shirts from Blue Moon Cycles (to parry all my HD friends and their shirts)
Coconut socks (they really work!)
MOA Rally shirt and 40th Anniv wicking shirt (good choice of color/material, MOA!)
A big ol' travel towel from Full Throttle Camping.
A couple of Shriner Coney dogs (best food at the Rally, IMO)

I wanted some PIAA lights (1100LED) for my RT, but they currently don't make a bracket to fit my model. Supposedly later this year?

I wish I would have bought a copy of Benka Pulko's book. I caught her seminar, wow! what a exciting trip. She is certainly a vibrant person!!

And I would have liked to have gotten a better look at the LD products, but I there were so many seminars I wanted to attend.

Good thing my topcase was empty on the way out, because I filled that sucker up with goodies from the great vendors at the Rally! I especially appreciated the majority of the vendors being in a/c buildings.

I hope I helped stimulate the economy, I know I tried my best!

just curious - what the heck does this mean?

Hack = sidecar
Barley = furry sidecar companion with 22k miles under his collar
Skene P3 = Awesomely bright auxiliary LED tail/brake lights attached to the hack to make us much more noticeable from the back and keep Barley safe. Made by Jerry Skene and backed by top notch customer service. They flicker till you hit the brakes, then flash brightly several times before staying on at full power till you release the brake.

In the homecoming photo below you can see them (off in the pic) just under and flanking the ADV DOG decal on the back of the sidecar.

211dbbdb.jpg

Hack = sidecar
Barley = furry sidecar companion with 22k miles under his collar
Skene P3 = Awesomely bright auxiliary LED tail/brake lights attached to the hack to make us much more noticeable from the back and keep Barley safe. Made by Jerry Skene and backed by top notch customer service. They flicker till you hit the brakes, then flash brightly several times before staying on at full power till you release the brake.

In the homecoming photo below you can see them (off in the pic) just under and flanking the ADV DOG decal on the back of the sidecar.

211dbbdb.jpg

I really like that picture!
:ha
I saw your rig, but I could not remember where I had read about it.
EDIT: oh, I bought a rally shirt, and some nice air gloves from roadgear, at rally pricing and no shipping.
CF169.RJ.jpg

Bead Rider -- OUCH!

I too got a bead rider... but after the first hour or so I had to take it off and put the sheepskin back on. The beads were digging into my inner upper thigh. Anyone know how to adjust/ remove beads for a better fit? I've got it on my RT and the fit needs a bunch of adjusting just so that it will lay flat, let alone not wrap over the side.

Thoughts????

I too got a bead rider... but after the first hour or so I had to take it off and put the sheepskin back on. The beads were digging into my inner upper thigh. Anyone know how to adjust/ remove beads for a better fit? I've got it on my RT and the fit needs a bunch of adjusting just so that it will lay flat, let alone not wrap over the side.

Thoughts????

I like the sheep better than the beads and the Airhawk is better still, but not as good as a KonTour or Russell. The only constant -- Everybody's butt is different.

Thoughts????

I liked the bead rider on my Sargent seat. Kept the boys aerated and sliding back and forth was like a butt massage! But when I put it on my other bike which had a very firm Corbin seat, it felt like I was sitting on rocks!

What seat did you put them on?

I liked the bead rider on my Sargent seat. Kept the boys aerated and sliding back and forth was like a butt massage! But when I put it on my other bike which had a very firm Corbin seat, it felt like I was sitting on rocks!

What seat did you put them on?

Hey Pete,
They are on my 2000 RT. I'm actually emailing back and forth with them now about getting the correct size. And see how it is bunching up... weird. The main reason I actually got them was not for distance but for rain. Even though my Stitch, BMG, and Tour Master swear to be water proof, my crotch still gets soaked even while wearing my rain suit. But if I sit on a bead rider... totally dry! :thumb

2012-07-26_11-34-38_575.jpg

I managed to keep the damage to a minimum:

A neat little camping pillow that doubles as an air mattress inflator from Full Throttle Camping.

Spiegler stainless hoses for my R1150RT-P rebuild/RT conversion project.

LDComfort long-sleeve shirt and shorts.

Rick Mayer RT seat rebuild (prepaid for a slot).

MachineArt Moto no-drill R12RT front fender extender.

New Schuberth helmet with Sena bluetooth communication system (both were a long-time coming!)
New riding booths (also a long-time coming!)
Some seriously discounted BMW gear (yippee!)
LDComfort shorts and shirt - love them!!! Made the ride home very cool indeed!

Obviously, spent too much, but all worth it! :thumb

LDComfort shirt. It really did help with the hot ride home Sunday to northeast Arkansas.
And the high output LED bulbs for my MotoLights.

We saw a bike riding around the fairgrounds on the Thursday or Friday night, with it's wheels glowing neon green. That looked really sharp and difficult to not see. Couldn't find any vendors selling any such equipment. Does anyone know who sells and installs this type of kit? Sorry, no pictures.

I noticed that moto as well (..not sure what I thought of it... :) ). Search on Google for LED underbody...

Last edited:
Who was selling the stamped letter rings?

I have a question to anyone who remembers:

There was a vendor (a guy with a beard and a baseball cap) who had a small display set up indoors, where he was selling a variety of rings. He would personalize them with hand stamped lettering and symbols. He was very exacting about the fit and very reasonable about the price. I paid him in cash, did not take a card or a receipt and thusly, here is my tale of woe.

I bought the ring to wear in place of my wedding ring while doing things like working on the bike, household projects, etc. It is high quality. It fits great and looks great. When I got home, my wife not only really liked the idea, she really likes the ring. And of course, she now wants one too, for the same purpose of when she would be doing something whare she doesn't want to damage or endanger her diamond ring.

Only I don't have the information to contact the vendor. Does anybody out there have any information on him?

I have a question to anyone who remembers:

There was a vendor (a guy with a beard and a baseball cap) who had a small display set up indoors, where he was selling a variety of rings. He would personalize them with hand stamped lettering and symbols. He was very exacting about the fit and very reasonable about the price. I paid him in cash, did not take a card or a receipt and thusly, here is my tale of woe.

I bought the ring to wear in place of my wedding ring while doing things like working on the bike, household projects, etc. It is high quality. It fits great and looks great. When I got home, my wife not only really liked the idea, she really likes the ring. And of course, she now wants one too, for the same purpose of when she would be doing something whare she doesn't want to damage or endanger her diamond ring.

Only I don't have the information to contact the vendor. Does anybody out there have any information on him?

Did you check the list of vendors to see if anything "rings" a bell?
http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally12/local_area/2012_rally_vendors_list

And on a personal note... if I brought home a ring to "replace" my wedding ring when I was out "doing stuff".... I'm just Say'in. :fight

nudge-nudge-monty-python-105.jpg

No Monty Python, Please.

Did you check the list of vendors to see if anything "rings" a bell?
http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally12/local_area/2012_rally_vendors_list

And on a personal note... if I brought home a ring to "replace" my wedding ring when I was out "doing stuff".... I'm just Say'in. :fight

Yes. I went through the list and he must have been a late addition. (The vendor list on the web is current only through 01 Jun.) The girls at BMW MOA were very helpful. They sent me here.

(And I have many nicks and scars in the soft metal of my wedding ring from the KIND OF THINGS I DO, that I would prefer NOT to have.)

:violin

I DID FIND OUT WHO THE VENDOR IS!!!!!!
Debra's Designs, Camden, AR - 479.601.2424
Great People; Great Quality

:thumb

Last edited:
Back