Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014 Rally Site?

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    Looks like the next oportunity for a large crowd is in 2016. Just like in Real Estate, it comes down to Location, Location, Location. The MOA decision to be "fair" and require rallies to be held in parts of the country where there are not a lot of members will hold rally attendance down.
    But to do otherwise would render the club the eastern US BMW Motorcycle Owners of America. Attendance of 5000 vs 8000 isn't a bad thing when the rally is appropriately planned and has an appropriate budget.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    But to do otherwise would render the club the eastern US BMW Motorcycle Owners of America. Attendance of 5000 vs 8000 isn't a bad thing when the rally is appropriately planned and has an appropriate budget.
    +1
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Recht View Post
    I heard it will revisit West Bend, WI
    Wow, I'd love that....being in the Chicago area.

I'm not going to go off on a tangent here and suggest locations. I'm sure they have a team that bats these ideas around more than they care to admit.

Since I travel on working assignments about 150 days a year, I'd gladly offer my services to scout locations if my phone ever rang. I believe the success of any organization is directly related to its being aware of the personnel assets/human resources it contains.

That's all I got.
    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    +1 and yes I have been informed the rally map plan has been changed since last summer. Sorry.