Thread: Standard/naked S1000RR to come?

Hybrid View

Standard/naked S1000RR to come?

I've been thinking about a building a variation of the Wunderlich Pirahana for some time. Starting with a standard would make my job much easier. I'm very old (63) and I can't comfortably sit on a sport bike anymore. I'd like to build a bike that's easy on my knees but has still has balls. Thanks

Just found out that a naked version will be available this year. Thanks

Loading the Bike
    Where did you find it out? I've been reading about naked versions being tested, but no definite plans or press releases.

It's here, the S1000R. Can't wait to test ride it.

I posted this link to the press release a few days ago.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....-Roadster-quot

Nobody seemed interested. There was more forum traffic about the 500cc Harley.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I posted this link to the press release a few days ago.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....-Roadster-quot

Nobody seemed interested. There was more forum traffic about the 500cc Harley.
    I agree, no interest here at all. The S1000RR guys probably think the MOA is for old dudes. Come to think of it I've never seen a S1000 at a BMW rally.

I was set to get the new Ducati Monster 1200S (water cooled 1198 motor, 145 HP) but with the new S1000R I might have to rethink my plan. We have a great Ducati dealer in the area, I love going there. I never warmed up to the local BMW dealer but I'll see what I can do.

new bike old guy

Just picked up my dark blue metallic S1000R from BMW of Jacksonville. So far, so good. Reminds me of my old 2010 Ninja 1000 in size and gearing, but the electronics are vastly different. And real cruise control on a sport bike? Priceless. Very (very) fast bike...mucho insurance premiums compared with quieter bikes. Still...I'm happy with it. Life is short. Don't wait too long.
    I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way. Capt. John Paul Jones, 1778