Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot weather gloves

+1 on the Held Airstream.

The protection is very good for a summer glove and there's nothing like the feel of the kangaroo leather on the fingers and palm. I like the feel so much, I bought the Held Steve II gloves for fall and spring!

Contrary to a few reports I have seen, both glove models have held up very well and I certainly can't complain a whit about the quality...
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Mind is not for rent
    I really wish I'd taken more pictures of the Helds before I sent them back to Revzilla. Suffice it to say, that in a month (7,000 miles or so) of riding, they were falling to pieces, and I wouldn't think they'd do well in a crash.

In this picture, you can see the leather delaminating from the kevlar, the "Held" logo falling off of the fingers, and the threads becoming unraveled from the palm of the glove. This was after about 2-1/2 weeks of use.

As I said, hands-down the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn. It's a shame the build quality was so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by 05Train View Post
    I really wish I'd taken more pictures of the Helds before I sent them back to Revzilla...{snip}
    Yipes!

You know, I have about 3,000 miles (~6 mos of riding) on mine and haven't seen anything like that happen. Then again, I've never put 7,000 miles in 2.5 weeks on anything but a car. Just wondering...how much of the 2.5 weeks were they used in the rain, if at all?

Sorry about your experience. I hope RevZilla treated you right. I've had nothing but outstanding experiences with them.
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Mind is not for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by THEO View Post
    Yipes!

You know, I have about 3,000 miles (~6 mos of riding) on mine and haven't seen anything like that happen. Then again, I've never put 7,000 miles in 2.5 weeks on anything but a car. Just wondering...how much of the 2.5 weeks were they used in the rain, if at all?

Sorry about your experience. I hope RevZilla treated you right. I've had nothing but outstanding experiences with them.
    Not much rain, a few sprinkles and one quick (20 minute) downpour. Revzilla was awesome. They credited me as soon as the tracking number hit UPS's system.

I've got half a mind to get another pair, as I really loved how comfortable the gloves were. But truthfully the Lee Parks Deertours aren't hateful in the heat, and I picked up the BMW GS gloves cheap, so I'll see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by THEO View Post
    +1 on the Held Airstream.

The protection is very good for a summer glove and there's nothing like the feel of the kangaroo leather on the fingers and palm. I like the feel so much, I bought the Held Steve II gloves for fall and spring!
    The BMW Rallye2 gloves do have Kangaroo leather palms.

I have a pair of Held gloves with Kangaroo leather, with metal sliders and gauntlets. Those are my cooler weather gloves.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver