• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great rally, one downer

OK...I'am sorry for the post. Vince has too many admirers! Should have kept my thoughts to myself. I did tell my son when it happened that Vince was probably just tired.

Not an excuse for being rude to a child though. So much for Camp GEARS. There's an old saying....Character is what's displayed when no one's looking. I certainly hope Mr. Winkle offers you an apology.

Can VINCE chime in ....

Hi Guys, I'd like to make some comments.

First off, someone said they saw me at Spokane and I didn't say hello. I've never been to Spokane. That event was before my time with the MOA. LATE ADDITION - I WAS IN WISCONSIN (WEST BEND) AND APPARENTLY THAT'S THE RALLY TOM MEANT. I AM GUILTY AS CHARGED.

Secondly, I remember Saturday afternoon. I remember the incident but I think there are some things I'd like to clear up. For starters, it's a bit of a running joke that I say things like that to people. I meant no offense. I apologize for this misunderstanding, and if I offended your family members I am truly sorry. I was kidding.
Saturday was also my seventh straight day in Sedalia, working 16 hour days and very little sleep and sort of high temps so I may have been just a bit tired. I was not at my best.

LATE NOTE: Tom M. is a great guy. We spoke late this afternoon, and had a very nice chat.

Thanks for reading,
Vince

Last edited:
First Impressions

Hey Everyone:

MAD DOG here, Beer Garden Chair

You know, it's tough to read a person in 30 seconds. Most people think that I'm a whack-job, but please, I ask, give it another 5 minutes.
We all are under a lot of stress at the National. Walk in our shoes for an hour.
Thank You.
BTW...After 5 minutes, yes, ...I'm still a whack-job.

MAD DOG
Beer Chair:drink

Mr. Winkle,
Sir, you did and outstanding job with your staff putting on a great event!
A job well done.

Mad Dog,

Your were just one of many NUTS that I met and talked to at the rally. Every one of them were nuts over BMW motorcycles. And thats what made it so much fun
to attend!

I wish they'd buy Vince a new printer.. he had the same sort of problem in Johnson City - and it was HOT in the room he was working in. Someone email the board and ask for a new poster printer for Vince W..

It is a MAJOR waste of talent to have Vince printing signs, IMO.

He should be focused on creating content to share with people who can't come to the rally, working with members of the press visiting our rally, or any number of things that a person with his professiontal skills can do.

Ian

Chairperson thought:)

Vince has never been anything but helpful to my needs. Will give ya a ride in his cart if stopped and generally good egg. This subject is slightly short on thought, imo. He said the gripe word, wow! Randy

Vince

Met Vince for the first time Friday night up by the stage during the Sweepstakes. He saw my buddy and I smoking a cigar and was in hopes of us having a cigarette. Could not help him but enjoyed talking to him. I liked him but could see he was very busy.
Ken Denton

This Stupid post I MADE.

I was in St Louis yesterday, and I was able to read Vince's post. So, I called MOA and Vince took my call. We had a good conversation, both apologized (me for what I said). And I apologize to all of you. Just read Vince's post. He is a GREAT guy also. I guess we have a mutual admiration thing (don't read anything into this statement!)

Last edited:
Back