• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Feedback

Just one small nit ...

On the other hand, the gates were never locked down and there were a good variety of restaurants in town that were worthy. ...
They actually were early in the rally. (I arrived on site the prior Sunday to set up Chartered Club Camping.) The main gate by the State Patrol building remained locked until Wednesday, I believe. this necessitated walking around the north end of the fence to get to anything else on site. Then late at night (10:00 PM?) the gate at the south end of the fence was locked as well, cutting us off from the showers (unless you could squeeze through the locked gate) until after 6:00 AM. I'm really happy that was sorted before most of the attendees got there.waklking

I agree WRT the restaurants. I particularly appreciated a decent bowl of oatmeal at Perkins but it became too long a walk once the north gates were locked.

Yes, it was hot, marginal food is available worldwide, and the shuttles didn't run like the trains in the Fatherland. Did you meet new and old friends, did you learn anything new about BMW's or the club, did you test ride a new model, did you get to ride in a new part of the country, do you have any stories to tell your friends that didn't attend? I thought it was a great rally, the facility was one of the best, the locals were friendly, and the MOA put on a fantastic 40th celebration (even though I didn't win swat!) Look on the bright side, you survived........

+1 :thumb

My wife and I thought the rally this year was great. Not the best roads to ride around the area but the venue was good. Can't wait until next year in Oregon. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work!

Just one small nit ...

They actually were early in the rally. (I arrived on site the prior Sunday to set up Chartered Club Camping.) The main gate by the State Patrol building remained locked until Wednesday, I believe. this necessitated walking around the north end of the fence to get to anything else on site. Then late at night (10:00 PM?) the gate at the south end of the fence was locked as well, cutting us off from the showers (unless you could squeeze through the locked gate) until after 6:00 AM. I'm really happy that was sorted before most of the attendees got there..

The rally didn't "officiallty" start until Thursday... Prior to that the folks on the grounds, (such as yourself) were volunteer set up people. The Fairgrounds requirements are often different prior to that official start of the rally.

The Committee Chairs were advised that only 2 gates would be open until the rally started.

In Gillette we advised folks that arrived early that they were welcome, but prior the rallygrounds being ready to go......things can change. Tents may have to be moved if set-up in areas that are designated for some activity, but not yet marked. We had folks set up in areas that we knew they were going to be sprinkling, and advised early arrivals this would be happening....unfortunately, one early arrival broke the grounds' sprinkler because they didn't like the "shower"....BMW MOA paid for that.

Things can change when the rally opens to the public...Early arrivals are welcome, and may be "put to work"....:dance

Back