• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Saddlebag found on I-70 west of Denver

paper

In need of a nap.
One of the guys on my KLR forum found a bag today and is trying to get it to the owner..

It's locked and there's no ID on the outside of the bag.

Here's the link to his posting http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=13375.

Pass the info around, and if anyone knows who lost it and needs contact info for the guy on the KLR site, PM me here and I'll get it passed along :thumb

Just a reminder that we need to ID our saddlebags..

BMW Bag found West of Denver on I-70

From Jim:
Member#: na

URL: http://
Comments:
While driving on I-70 this afternoon about 40 miles west of Denver I saw and picked up a
BMW hard saddle bag.

I want to get it back to its owner. There are no identifying marks on it. It is locked
and I can't get it open.

Anybody lose a side case?

I posted to advrider, what others?

Thanks.
Jim

More info

Well, it wasn't a rally goer, as the rider was headed west from Denver.

The lock has been picked and there was nothing inside to ID the owner, other than the personal items inside the bag.. Looks to be an 1150RT or similar bag.

P7210374.jpg

So, if you know someone who was headed west and arrived with only a left hand bag, send em' my way for contact info. :thumb

FOUND: BMW right side pannier

I was reading Adventure Rider Forum and it looks like some one found a BMW panier on the side of the road.... here is the link... Adventure Rider

Here is the text from the other forum... he even has a picture...

"FOUND: BMW right side pannier
About 3 PM Friday July 20, 2012 while driving on I-70 near Georgetown, Colorado, I found a BMW pannier.

The case was locked, but I was able to pick the lock. There are some very unique items in the case so I will be able to tell if you are trying to pull a fast one.

Looks like it might fit a late 90's early 2000's RS or GT.

I don't know the BMW nomenclature, so don't rag on me for wrong or incorrect models. I'm just trying to help somebody out.

If this is yours send me a PM or respond to this thread.

Scammers need not apply.

Thanks.
Jim"

P7210374.jpg

Yes.
And it's an interesting story as to how the owner was found. Use the link above to advrider and see the last post by jimco.
dc

Back