• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Voni's Views of the Rally 2012

Voni

sMiling
Staff member
We arrived yesterday and promptly fell in with the great group of young riders at Camp G.E.A.R.S. Nancy and Scott Koeneman are heading it up. We just showed up to present a couple of seminars, watch Pat Carol demonstrate his first aid and hear Doug Crow talk about the Ambassador program. What fun!

After the sun went down I found the secret location for Chicks' Night. This morning we returned to Camp G.E.A.R.S. where Coach Ramey Stroud was braving the heat to share riding strategies most all day! Can't thank him enough. Despite the heat the young riders were glued to his every word and practiced new ways of controlling their motorcycles. Then it was off to registration where long lines went quickly. Ducking out of the afternoon heat now. We're headed back for the Ambassador Dinner tonight. . .

Pictures start here:

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/.../2012 BMW MOA Rally Tues Wed/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

P1170681.jpg

P1170764.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
Thanks! That's the plan, though there's so much fun to be had and so little time to fit it all in! I always think I'll just take it easy and then . . .:groovy

Seminars, and Music and Meetings and Food and Friends and Silliness all around.

Voni
sMiling

No - the F800 was just ridden to Hyder, Alaska and then back down to the Great Plains. It is staged in Kansas and with an oil change and a new rear tire (next Monday) will be on the road again back up to British Columbia.

Has anyone else recently had problems viewing Photobucket pix at larger than thumbnail size? I can't see Voni's any larger and another friend sent some yesterday -- same problem. I haven't made any changes. I don't have a Photobucket acct., maybe that's it?

Has anyone else recently had problems viewing Photobucket pix at larger than thumbnail size? I can't see Voni's any larger and another friend sent some yesterday -- same problem. I haven't made any changes. I don't have a Photobucket acct., maybe that's it?
It's good here Tom. There is the usual clunkyness of using the back button to navigate. This seems to happen from time to time here on the forum. Those who can't see an image one day can see it the next. I don't know why. Gary

Has anyone had problems viewing Photobucket pix...tommcgee

Yes. My system is saying it's low on virtual memory, so it's time to bring my tech in, I guess.

Valerie Thompson...

They should have raffled a dinner with her...:cry

Thanks for posting, Voni!

Saturday at Sedalia

So today started with the Women Who Ride seminar, then Vendors, then the Wylie annual meeting, then volunteering welcoming newcomers to the rally, then the awards and music and saying good bye for now.

Even if you were here there was so much going on you missed a lot.

Pictures here:
http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/...2 Project/2012 BMW MOA International Satuday/

It's my plan to add captions and turn some of the pesky pictures, but now it's off to bed.

P1180565.jpg

P1020146.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
Back