• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Yep I am a wimp

Mark,

I'll be parked with the Vermonters in the Chartered Club area. I say that out loud because I promised many a shot of 15 year old Glenfiddich (a toast to a wonderful dog by that name we lost to cancer several years ago), and they all need to know where to find me at the end of the day. :)

We have Water Oasis duty first shift, so morning rides are out for us. After the vendors and the how to sessions, and the obligatory drinks (non-alc for me since I'll be riding back to the hotel each evening) I might be game.

I'd offer you a sleep over but my room has one bed and I don't know you that well.

Barley does not exist if there are no pictures..........:) I love dogs and I am sorry for your lose. Travel safely with man's best friend.

Mark,

I'll be parked with the Vermonters in the Chartered Club area. I say that out loud because I promised many a shot of 15 year old Glenfiddich (a toast to a wonderful dog by that name we lost to cancer several years ago), and they all need to know where to find me at the end of the day. :)

We have Water Oasis duty first shift, so morning rides are out for us. After the vendors and the how to sessions, and the obligatory drinks (non-alc for me since I'll be riding back to the hotel each evening) I might be game.

I'd offer you a sleep over but my room has one bed and I don't know you that well.

Pete - I'll look for you - hard to miss your rig. I'm with the BMW Riders Club of WNY - we'll be rolling in after 6pm on Thursday. I'll be on a blue and white 1150GS - another tough to miss bike.

Travel safe!

Mark

Why?

How could the MOA not know that it would be a blast furnace in Missouri in july? Even if the temps. were normal it would be 90 feels like 100 plus degrees. So next year we go back to where we were 3 years ago, why? I'm Canadian but when I look at a map of the states it looks big. But seriously when do we admit we've changed the climate and now we've got to live with it. So if the national rally is to continue to be held annually the date must be moved, higher elevations and sites near large bodies of water (great lakes, oceans) should be the first picks. To all those going this year be aware you are going into a hostile environment, no joke, use caution. All the best to my fellow riders.

Barley does not exist if there are no pictures..........:) I love dogs and I am sorry for your lose. Travel safely with man's best friend.

All my USB ports are tied up recharging things, but here's one from an earlier training ride.

a280f66c.jpg

Gonna make the trip this year even though the heat will be unbearable! Hopefully getting half the trip done in the morning before it is off the scale. Thank goodness for a friend 20 miles away with a new 5th wheel. Should be there when we arrive. Otherwise we would definitely be out this year too.

How could the MOA not know that it would be a blast furnace in Missouri in july? Even if the temps. were normal it would be 90 feels like 100 plus degrees. So next year we go back to where we were 3 years ago, why? I'm Canadian but when I look at a map of the states it looks big. But seriously when do we admit we've changed the climate and now we've got to live with it. So if the national rally is to continue to be held annually the date must be moved, higher elevations and sites near large bodies of water (great lakes, oceans) should be the first picks. To all those going this year be aware you are going into a hostile environment, no joke, use caution. All the best to my fellow riders.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I saw the handwriting on the wall a year ago and had central air installed at my house.

Harry

Lake Michigan beckons

My hotel reservation in Sedalia was cancelled on me, which I'm taking as a sign. Given the weather forecast, I'm leaving tomorrow for a circle around Lake Michigan instead of Sedalia. I hope all those that attend the rally have a great time and stay hydrated!

Going to be 99 in Chicago today and low 90's the rest of the week. News flash: It's summer and it's hot pretty much everywhere. We live to close to miss this rally and are REALLY looking forward to losing our rookie status! :dance

Is it a badge of honor

It seems to be a badge of honor to camp out in 90 degree weather, riding couple of hundred miles in extreme heat.

I have decided that there are days too hot to ride (for me). I can ride in rain for hours, but if it high 90's I avoid riding. I will wimp out, and wait for BMWMOA to contact me with my winning ticket, for the raffle. Does that custom K1000 come with air?

For those the venture out to Missouri, enjoy the heat the best you can, and drink more water then beer.

I realize that to do my bucket list rides I will have to cross the Great Plains in hot weather. I am gradually gearing up for that with mesh jackets, mesh pants I will purchase soon, and a CamelBak.

I've crossed the Great Hot Plains many times during the summer months.

Instead of mesh... which cooks your body when temperatures exceed 98.6 degrees ... consider riding in a damp t-shirt with your gear closed. *Much* cooler :nod

Ian

Back