• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pre-registration Form Required?

ChrisF

Long Gone
Okay, so I pre-registered and received a pre-registration form as confirmation (nice site feature, BTW). After seeing that the information was correct, I noticed the small type:

"This is your confirmation please take it to the rally with you"

My wife regularly reminds me when I have a "senior moment" (but I can't remember exactly the last time). So I was wondering, what happens if I forget to bring the form? Do I have to -

Re-register and pay again?
Go to the end of the longest registration line?
Wear an official MOA dunce cap for the entire rally?
Pitch my tent downwind of a restroom?
:dunno

So I was wondering, what happens if I forget to bring the form?

You probably don't need the form. I have never had mine with me, and have never had a problem. The registration system is really, quite organized....

The worst thing that might happen will be that you need to pay again at the gate. After the rally, everything will get sorted out and you'll get a refund.

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
You probably don't need the form. I have never had mine with me, and have never had a problem. The registration system is really, quite organized....

I know I didn't have mine in Spokane, but it was no problem at all. They've got you in the database somewhere, they found me pretty quick and I sickled right through the line. Nice organization, I thought.

Chris F said:
Do I have to -

Re-register and pay again?
Go to the end of the longest registration line?
Wear an official MOA dunce cap for the entire rally?
Pitch my tent downwind of a restroom?
:dunno

All of the above, plus you have to mop up the beer garden
:stick

Actually I have not had a problem with registering at any rally and I always pack that piece of paper in the wrong spot so I never have it with me to register. No worries. really.

My only real worry was slowing down the registration process at sign-in. Now that I know about having to mop up the beer garden, I think I'll put the form in my Anonymous, which is always with the bike. No "senior moment" with that! :D

pre-reistration form

The form is not required, but it is recommended that you bring it. In the event that something were to go wrong with your pre-registration, it would make it much easier for the registration workers to resolve the problem if one does arise.

Josh, Registration Co-Chairperson

Back