• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding from Cleveland to Sedalia

kkeller149854

K75RT Keith
Going to head to my first rally on Wed the 18th from west of Cleveland OH around 7pm. Thinking of stopping someplace West of Indy and arrive mid-day Thursday. If anyone is going through or from Cleveland via I-75 to I-70around that time and would like to meet up for the ride, I'd be happy to have someone to ride with.

I'm leaving Mount Vernon, Ohio on Wednesday, but about 12 hours earlier than you are. I'm stopping for the night about 400 out in western Illinois. It is another 250 or so to Sedalia to finish on Thursday.

Does not look like our schedules will mesh.

I have been to more than 15 of the BMWMOA and BMWRA national/international rallies starting in the late 1970's. I trust you will enjoy your first of these large scale events. :wave

I would suggest taking the turnpike over to Indiana and then 69 south to Indy. It is about 30 miles longer but a much easier ride than 71/70.

I have not made up my mind if and when I will be leaving. But 70 through St. Louis is heavily traveled, stay to the north on the outer belt if you go that way. I debated going west out of Indy and cross into Missouri on Rt36 then work my way south.

I just reurned from Denver and 70 between KC and St. Louis was the worst part of the trip. If you want to talk email me your phone number.

Good Luck.

We are heading out of northwest Indiana Thursday early am, I was thinking about just heading down to 70 and across, or running across 72/74 and avoiding St. Louis. Maybe we will see you along way.:wave

Heading to Sedalia,,

Will be leaving near Springfield, Il early Thursday morn, around 6 or so to beat the heat, I-72 west to State Rt. 54 which is a two lane to I-70 which we'll pick up east of Columbia, Mo then on over to Sedalia, about 250 miles or so, nice mix of super slab and 2 lane...

Will be leaving near Springfield, Il early Thursday morn, around 6 or so to beat the heat, I-72 west to State Rt. 54 which is a two lane to I-70 which we'll pick up east of Columbia, Mo then on over to Sedalia, about 250 miles or so, nice mix of super slab and 2 lane...

I am also leaving from Springfield at about 5am. Is Rt 54 mostly 2 lane down to
I-70?

Back