• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I hate to point it out but.........

I did not go to Bloomsburg, I did not want to go east again after Johnson City, and it was hot. Mo is much closer. I am going.

I'm sorry

Where did I see this?

Attachments

• slappin-batman-its-hot-outsid-its-summer-e1341878240781.jpg
    slappin-batman-its-hot-outsid-its-summer-e1341878240781.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Wezul...didnt Russ paint a helmet for you in Johnson City? You bringing it? He did another one for me off-season....hope he's there.

Wezul...didnt Russ paint a helmet for you in Johnson City? You bringing it? He did another one for me off-season....hope he's there.

Here!
Yes.
Yes.
I do too, not only would it be great to get some add ons (cuz Russ does nice work) but his stories are so cool.

From South Florida via the Ozarks

It's hot indeed! Left South Florida last Saturday and am spending a couple of days around the Ozarks and arriving to the rally grounds tomorrow afternoon. The morning rides are pleasant (going out at 6am) but heats up as day goes on. My concern is is there really any nice riding close to Sedalia?

"OldBMWMaster"

Hello Jerry,

Glad you are so happy to be in Sedalia.
It's "too hot" for me, and not my idea of a vacation, as much as I would love to be there. Sorry I can't help out in volunteering.
At the least, I contributed with my $100 ticket.
Your use of the word "excuses" sounds like judgement to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
We can't really know all of the circumstances of others, can we?
How about "Live and let live" and "Love is the answer" ?

Wade in Nashville

Hello Jerry,

Glad you are so happy to be in Sedalia.
It's "too hot" for me, and not my idea of a vacation, as much as I would love to be there. Sorry I can't help out in volunteering.
At the least, I contributed with my $100 ticket.
Your use of the word "excuses" sounds like judgement to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
We can't really know all of the circumstances of others, can we?
How about "Live and let live" and "Love is the answer" ?

Wade in Nashville

Plus one.

I've been to more MOA Nationals that I remember and I wish I was going to be at this one too. If it turns out to be as hot as Bloomsburg I won't be as disappointed but the forecast has nothing to do with why I'm not going to make it.

I'm reading a lot of "I survived" or "I'll survive" type comments. Remind you this should not be a survival contest. Riding motorcycles is all about having fun and riding in 100+ weather is neither fun nor safe for me.
As far as "MOA does not control the weather" comment, I think they do. When they decide to have the rally in the middle of the summer in the South!!
They are shooting themselves in the foot.:banghead

Well, 104 is actually low.
wunderground.com says 106, and weather.com says 108 for today.
Hard to believe that cool morning breeze is going to last.
When I go to a National Rally I am not interested in finding the only comfort inside a A/C building.
I sure hope we can find better solutions in future rallies.

Maybe the MOA powers that be are survivalists by nature either that or they are into self inflicted pain. Ride through hell to get there and then spend your time in an air-conditioned building learning something??

it appears there are two distinct groups here. one is "it's too damn hot to go" and the other is "i don't care how hot it is, i'm going". neither group will ever understand the others view point, although i am sure everyone agrees that July in MO is going to be hot.

for me personally i am in the "it's too damn hot" group, but i hope everyone who did attend this years national not only has a good time but is able to stay somewhat cool.

do i want to attend another national rally, of course i do but until the date changes (fall would be nice) or the location won't be a blast furnace in July i will stay home.

i have a couple of tickets in the sweepstakes and i will be sitting home in the AC hoping i win something. if not i know it was money well spent even though i choose not to attend our national rally this year.

i am looking forward to seeing pics taken at this years rally so to all you brave souls who are in the "i don't care how hot it is" camp, please post some pics for everyone who stayed home in the AC.

Have a safe rally.

For whatever reason people are at the rally or did not attend please look out for your fellow riders if you see them in need of first-aid for heat or just help setting up tents. Have a great rally!

It's not too hot to ride...I'm heading up to Ohio for the Antique Motorcycle rally, later today. It wasn't too hot last year in Bloomsburg, either. I had a great time. I wish you all the best at the BMWMOA rally. Have a great time!

Two of my buddies checked in this morning at the rally , said they found a shady spot to set up tents and were looking for a cold drink and some A/C :)

The got to Sedalia last night but were whipped from the 106 degree temp's all day they got a motel room.

Hope everyone has a great time and stay's hydrated :thumb

Back