• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Eating on the cheap... what to bring?

Starting when you get home from the rally start puting $20 a week in a envelope and by next year you will have a nice littel bundle :thumb

Why do you guys have to eat so poorly and cheaply? MREs? Really?
I agree to buy locally, WalMart or wherever.

Tell your wife it isn't going to cost hardly anything extra to eat at the rally. After all, you have to buy food from a grocery store when you eat at home don't you? Or is it free?

Why do you guys have to eat so poorly and cheaply? MREs? Really?
I agree to buy locally, WalMart or wherever.

Locally, Walmart? I'd rather die from starvation than patronize Walmart. Find a farmer's market if you want local. The farmer gets all the money rather than 7 cents on the dollar.

Oh come on, don't make it sound like WalMart just steals their produce. They do get paid. If they had a better outlet they'd sell it there.

I could start on a rant about my taxpayer money and farm subsidies, but it'll have little to do with the BMW rally, won't it?

If you stop by the Hospitality Booth (in the MOA Building) you can pick up a coupon book from local businesses in Sedalia. The book and coupons are being printed just for us, so maybe you can save a buck or two.

I could start on a rant about my taxpayer money and farm subsidies, but it'll have little to do with the BMW rally, won't it?

I'm with you on that rant, though only the mega-monoculture-farmers get that money, not the local farmers market guys.

I'll eat just like I do at home, the Mickey D's Dollar Menu. A single guy's alternative to slaving in front of a hot microwave oven. :)
Remember, the cheapest part on a BMW, the nut that attaches the handlebars to the saddle. :brad

What time is breakfast? I take my coffee black and eggs over easy.:eat

Sorry, I just said I always have it with me, I don't want to fire it up if I don't have to. (have you priced the fuel?):stick I'm eating with my wife on this trip, I will not be forcing her to eat my cooking, besides, she has all the money.:thumb

Back