• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena mods SMH-10 for K1600's

RBEmerson

Kein Nasebohrer
FYI - Sena's SMH-10 firmware V4.1 includes a mod for the K1600 series' BT system. Head here for more info.

DISCLAIMER: I have no connection with Sena Technologies save as a customer.

FYI - Sena's SMH-10 firmware V4.1 includes a mod for the K1600 series' BT system. Head here for more info.

DISCLAIMER: I have no connection with Sena Technologies save as a customer.

Tried your link, it seems to go to the software download site. I did find their release notice for V4.1 here but don't see anything about K1600 mentioned?

When you update your SMH10B, it'll get to a screen where you're setting the system parameters. Using the latest Sena Manager (v1.4) and the firmware version 4.1, it'll tell you that you should disable EDR on the headset for the K1600 BT system.

I did the update today on my Senas and got it all working with the bike. This release solved a number of problems on the K16 BT system and it's worked properly for me for several starts/stops running around town today.

And BTW, they don't tell you this but it's important to reset your SMH10B back to factory defaults before you try to do the upgrade or it'll keep failing. It's a quirky process but after several attempts of sorting that problem out, it worked fine and worked flawlessly on my other Sena unit.

Wes

I dunno about the full reset. Maybe I've just gotten lucky, but I've never had to do a reset. I've done it once or twice, early on in the 10B update series when things got wonky (can't recall which rev forced the resets), but so far, so good.

However, it might be useful to reset the Bluetooth pairing list. IIRC, even Sena suggests this step.

I just changed phones (HTC Droid Incredible 2 to Motorola Razr Maxx) and will flush the BT list as part of the change.

Sigh... whatever happened to the good old days of two cans and a piece of string? :laugh

Back