• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Places to eat on way?

i-scream-stop

iscream-stop
My wife and I are headed out from Northwest Indiana Thursday, Haven't really decided on route but it is about ten hours from here. Looking for interesting stopping spots considering the heat for wife to cool off. We are either heading across 74 or down to 70.
Moonshine Is a major stop as she has not been there but it might be a little early for a burger when we come through. Now I will need coordinates of the really good spots like Moonshine and not much off the interstate would be very nice. I figure three or four stops for cold water a must so might as well go cool places never been.:thumb

Moonshine ???

My wife and I are headed out from Northwest Indiana Thursday, Haven't really decided on route but it is about ten hours from here. Looking for interesting stopping spots considering the heat for wife to cool off. We are either heading across 74 or down to 70.
Moonshine Is a major stop as she has not been there but it might be a little early for a burger when we come through. Now I will need coordinates of the really good spots like Moonshine and not much off the interstate would be very nice. I figure three or four stops for cold water a must so might as well go cool places never been.:thumb

Dave could you tell me a bit about Moonshine since I have not heard of it. I am traveling to Sedalia from NE Ohio. Is Moonshine a city or a restaurant?

Well Moonshine coords are close to. I have not been able to make it yet but hope to some day

N39 11.433 W87 53.739

intersection of N 600th ST and E 300th RD

Thanks to all, I have a few places to stop now.
Moonshine is both a town (pop.2) and a sort of Restaurant if you think picnic tables as dinning room. They have great burgers but shut the grill off at 12:30 sharp. As you are heading there, it seems you are lost in middle of nowhere then there it is.
Warning: once you have been there you WILL want to go back all the time. Especially the Moonshine Lunch Run every April.

Back