• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1150GS seat height

Frankenstein boots.......

at 5'6 / 29" inseam, 65% of ALL bikes have always been "off limits" to me...well, not wanting to again return to my previous HD low-seat / no suspension travel days, and having just purchased a mint 1999 R1100R, I took my SIDI riding boots to an old-timey cobbler and had him sand off the original boot tread / glue on a very thick VIBRAM sole. YIKES !!.. Instant 1 1/2 inch hight / Frankenstein boots.!...NICE !!.For sure I'll never be as comfortable as I would be were I an NBA star, but along with some saddle time, and thinking ahead as you ride into a parking lot, I am confident enough to not be returning to the undesireable alternatives to my R1100R..........
The amazing front suspension is one reason to not mess with the factory hights, so go for a pair of Monster Boots !! cheap at the price..

Back