• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping in Kansas

Mee too;

FIRST Post! Welcome here:). I too, will be crossing the great plains after the TOR Rally in PaoniaCO.. I must make OARK, Ark by Sunday afternoon(GSGiants), so pulling out of there Saturday sometime early, most probably. I'm looking for alternate crossing points of interest(less Interstates), as I have done Kansas/Oklahoma a dozen or more times. Camping? I would like to hear this too, so come on Eastern Kansan's, help us out:). Maybe make East parts of Kansas, end of my day. THX, Randy:thumb

Our favorite is Scott State Park:

http://ksoutdoors.com/State-Parks/Locations/Scott

Hidden in the western Kansas prairie, Scott State Park is a startling oasis of natural springs, deep wooded canyons, and craggy bluffs. The 1,020-acre park surrounds the 100-acre, springfed Scott State Fishing Lake.

The park has 55 utility campsites, including some with 50-amp service and water hookups. Three modern shower buildings, 100 primitive campsites and several vault toilets are also available. Visitors enjoy a swimming beach and playground, and a privately operated concessions building stocks camping and fishing supplies. Canoe and paddleboat rentals are available at the concession facility seasonally.

Nature trails accommodate hikers, horseback riders, and naturalists and provide excellent opportunities to observe wildlife in natural habitats. Wild turkey, deer, bobcat and beaver are common in the area. A horse camp area provides amenities for equestrian visitors.

If that's not to your liking, try one of the other state parks you can link to from that page.

Voni
sMiling

Most of the state parks in Kansas are very well maintained with hot showers. I would recommend them if you like the more natural settings over KOA urban areas. I've stayed at Lovewell State park many times North of Mankato,Ks on Hwy 14. Hwy 36 was my often traveled route back East when parents were still alive.

Back