• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gremlin bells?

You can believe in them or not but, when gifted a bell you should appreciate that someone cares about you and wants you safe. It's not the bell it's the thought that counts.

My wife and I gave each other bells. They are a reminder to us that someone at home cares.

I lost mine recently. A couple of weeks later the biked died while running into the teeth of a strong thunderstorm.
IMG00006-M.jpg

Diagnosis is that the HES needs to be replaced...Yes, along with the rear tire.

I hope she gets me another one next year when we go to The Blessing of the Bikes, again.

I'm not superstitious, but I have a bell on my GSA, at least for now, until it gets knocked off. It was given to me by a very good friend, and the bell is on the bike to honor that friendship. It's not about Gremlins, it's about people who care about you. :beer

I'm not superstitious, but I have a bell on my GSA, at least for now, until it gets knocked off. It was given to me by a very good friend, and the bell is on the bike to honor that friendship. It's not about Gremlins, it's about people who care about you. :beer

Well said, Ride Safe.

the girl at the checkout counter at the local Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer tried to get me to buy one for my bike... I told her, "We BMW riders don't' put such petty things on our German engineers works of art!" :)

The German engineers would have bought the bells and asked the sales girl to join them for a beer.

My GS came with one. Funny thing though, I can only hear it when the engine's shut off!

I hope the gremlins have better hearing than I do!

Back